*Click a link below to jump to the section
Submit a Manuscript
All submissions/reviews are performed online.
Please submit your paper electronically (PDF file is preferred) at
IJAT submission site：https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijat
You need to create account before submission. Please refer to the following manuals for details.
If you have any trouble or inquiries, please feel free to contact us via IJAT contact form.
Manuscripts are accepted for consideration by the Internation Journal of Automation Technology (IJAT) with the understanding that they represent original material, have not been published previously, are not being considered for publication elsewhere, and have been approved by each author.
The language for contributions is English.
Manuscripts may be submitted in Japanese, which are translated by Fuji Technology Press, Ltd., at the authors’ expense, and undergo full peer review.
Paper format for submission
Contributors are required to use following LaTeX format or MS WORD format in IJAT style.
[LaTeX format for IJAT Articles]
The above compressed file also contains manual (texManual.pdf) and template (template.tex) files, in addition to .cls and .clo files.
[MS WORD format for IJAT Articles]
To clarify research positioning and purpose, authors should survey international literatures and list 20 or more references before submission. All IJAT papers can be freely searched (by title, author, keywords, year etc.) and downloaded for free from this site. It is strongly recommended that authors include relevant IJAT publications in references.
*When you refer to IJAT papers in references, please use following description as a journal title:
Int. J. Automation Technol.
The following types of IJAT contributions are accepted. All submitted manuscripts shall be peer-reviewed. All forms of published corrections may also be peer-reviewed at the discretion of the editors.
- Research Papers
- Technical Papers
Instructions for Contributors
Please confirm the following documents in advance. Here is general information of IJAT.
About peer-review process
The journal uses single-blind peer review. All submitted manuscripts are sent to two anonymous referees who evaluate them for originality, validity, novelty, methodology, correct citation of relevant work, and the importance of content and conclusions.
The time required for review depends on referee response – usually within about 3 months. In rare cases taking longer time, it may have been difficult to find a second referee.
When reviews are completed, authors receive referee's comments and a decision of acceptance, conditional acceptance with minor revisions, revision and resubmission due to the need for major revisions, or nonacceptance.
Revised manuscripts are returned to initial referees, who may request further revision. Once referees receive and confirm papers, they make a final decision on acceptance or nonacceptance. This decision is then reported to authors.
Page Charge and Reprints
- Pagecharge (Publication fee) is required for publication. This is mandatory publication fee for all authors.
- The final page charges are determined by the actual number of pages published in IJAT, including the authors' profiles.
- The color printing fee is extra 21,000 yen per color page, irrespective of the number of figures contained.
- Reprints can be ordered in multiples of 50 at the price of (55 yen) × (number of reprints), regardless of the number of printed pages and of whether the article contains color pages or not.
- Only when reprints are ordered, oversea shipping cost will be added to the charge.
Required Documents (After Acceptance)
When a manuscript is accepted, author needs to submit the following documents to editorial office promptly (online) according to the following instruction.
- Page charge agreement and reprint order form: scanned file
- Copyright transfer form: scanned file
- Electronic file of paper manuscript (with reference, keywords, technical terms) format: TeX or MS Word
- Figure files (MSWord, Excel, Powerpoint, JPEG, TIFF or EPS format preferred for TeX.)
- Profile for each author (with photos)
(Template files for 1,2,5 can be downloaded below)
Please submit above materials at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijat
Those above formats are availabel below.
Materials for final submission
[MS Word format]