*Click a link below to jump to the section
Submit a Manuscript
If you want to submit your paper, please send your manuscript to
JRM Editorial Office:
Please submit your paper electronically (PDF file is preferred) by e-mail with submission form below.
Paper format for submission
Contributors are required to use following LaTeX format or MS WORD format in JRM style. However, we can also accept any style with LaTeX or MS Word format.
[LaTeX Class Files for JRM Articles]
The above compressed files also contain manual (texManual.pdf) and template (template.tex) files, in addition to .cls and .clo files.
[MS WORD format for JRM Articles]
Manuscripts are accepted for consideration by the Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics (JRM) with the understanding that they represent original material, have not been published previously, are not being considered for publication elsewhere, and have been approved by each author.
The following types of JRM contributions are peer-reviewed:
- Development Reports
- Junior Letter
All forms of published corrections may also be peer-reviewed at the discretion of the editors.
To clarify research positioning and purpose, authors should survey international literatures, including JRM publications before submission. It is strongly recommended that authors include JRM publications in references. All JRM papers can be freely searched (by title, author, keywords, and year, etc.) and downloaded for free from this site (need to create your account).
*When you refer to JRM papers in references, please use following description as a journal title:
J. Robot. Mechatron.
About peer-review process
When authors submit papers electronically to , the editorial staff sends an acknowledgment of the paper's receipt – usually within about one week. Those receiving no acknowledgment within 10 days are requested to contact the editorial office immediately.
All submitted manuscripts are sent to two anonymous referees who evaluate them for originality, validity, novelty, methodology, correct citation of relevant work, and the importance of content and conclusions.
The time required for review depends on referee response – usually within about two months. In rare cases taking a few weeks longer, it may have been difficult to find a second referee.
When reviews are completed, authors receive referee's comments and a decision of acceptance, conditional acceptance with minor revisions, revision and resubmission due to the need for major revisions, or nonacceptance.
Revised manuscripts are returned to initial referees, who may request further revision. Once referees receive and confirm papers, they make a final decision on acceptance or nonacceptance. This decision is then reported to authors.
Instructions for Contributors
Please confirm the following documents in advance. Here is general information of JRM.
Guideline for Electronic Submission
We advise authors to deliver the final, revised version of their accepted manuscripts (text, tables, and illustrations) via E-mail in order to promote quick publication.
Manuscripts and materials should be submitted to the JRM Editorial Office listed below.
- JRM Editorial Office
- Fuji Technology Press Ltd., Unizo Uchikanda 1-Chome Bldg. 2F,
1-15-7 Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0047, Japan
Tel: +81-3-5577-3851/Fax: +81-3-5577-3861
Inquiry: JRM Contact Form
Page Charge and Reprints
- The page charge of the manuscript written by English is 12,000 yen per printed page (Inside Japan: sales tax is also added to the page charges and reprints).
- The color printing fee is extra 42,000 yen per two pages of a spread, irrespective of the number of figures contained.
- Reprints can be ordered in multiples of 100 at the price of (100 yen) × (number of reprints), regardless of the number of printed pages and of whether the article contains color pages or not.
- You need shipping cost depending on shipping country only when reprints are ordered.
- Click the following link for more information:
Materials for Final Submission (After Acceptance)
Required Documents (After Acceptance)
When a manuscript is accepted, Author needs to submit the following documents to editorial office promptly (mail or online).
- Final manuscript submission form
- Pagecharge agreement and reprint order form
- Copyright transfer form
- Electronic file of paper manuscript (with reference, keywords) format: MSWord or TeX
- Figure files (TIFF, JPEG, Word format. In the case of TeX, EPS format is preferred.)
- Profile for each author (with photo)
Detail information can be found at the following document
[MS Word format]