Toward Understanding Pedagogical Relationship in Human-Robot Interaction
Hirofumi Okazaki*,***, Yusuke Kanai*, Masa Ogata*,***, Komei Hasegawa*, Kentaro Ishii**,***, and Michita Imai*,***
3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
**Osaka Institute of Technology
1-79-1 Kitayama, Hirakata, Osaka 573-0196, Japan
***CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency
4-1-8 Honcho, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332-0012, Japan
-  J. Han, S. L. Lee, B. Kang, S. Park, J. Kim, M. Kim, and M. Kim, “A trial English class with a teaching assistant robot in elementary school,” Proc. of the 5th ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI’10), pp. 335-336, 2010.  T. Kanda, T. Hirano, D. Eaton, and H. Ishiguro, “Interactive Robots as Social Partners and Peer Tutors for Children: A Field Trial,” Human-Computer Interaction, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 61-84, 2004.  T. Kanda, R. Sato, N. Saiwaki, and H. Ishiguro, “A Two-Month Field Trial in an Elementary School for Long-Term Human-Robot Interaction,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.23, No.5, pp. 962-971, 2007.  T. Komatsubara, M. Shiomi, T. Kanda, H. Ishiguro, and N. Hagita, “Can a social robot help children’s understanding of science in classrooms?,” Proc. of the 2nd Int. Conf. on Human-Agent Interaction (HAI’14), pp. 83-90, 2014.
-  Z. You, C. Shen, C. Chang, B. Liu, and G. Chen, “A Robot as a Teaching Assistant in an English Class,” Proc. of the 6th IEEE Int. Conf. on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT ’06), pp. 87-91, 2006.  F. Tanaka and S. Matsuzoe, “Children Teach a Care-Receiving Robot to Promote Their Learning: Field Experiments in a Classroom for Vocabulary Learning,” J. of Human-Robot Interaction, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 78-95, 2012.
-  R. J. Brand, D. A. Baldwin, and L. A. Ashburn, “Evidence for ‘motionese’: modifications in mothers’ infant-directed action,” Developmental Science, Vol.5, No.1. pp. 72-83, 2002.  R. J. Brand and W. L. Shallcross, “Infants prefer motionese to adult-directed action,” Developmental Science, Vol.11, No.6. pp. 853-861, 2008.
-  K. Nakadai, K. Hidai, G. H. Okuno, H. Mizoguchi, and H. Kitano, “Real-time Auditory and Visual Multiple-speaker Tracking For Human-robot Interaction,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 497-505, 2002.
-  K. Suzuki, R. Hikiji, and S. Hashimoto, “Development of an Autonomous Humanoid Robot, iSHA, for Harmonized Human-Machine Environment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 479-489, 2002.
-  M. Prats, S. Wieland, T. Asfour, A. P. Del Pobil, and R. Dillmann, “Compliant Interaction in Household Environments by the Armar-III Humanoid Robot,” Proc. of the 8th IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 475-480, 2008.
-  K. Yokoyama, H. Handa, T. Isozumi, Y. Fukase, K. Kaneko, F. Kanehiro, Y. Kawai, F. Tomita, and H. Hirukawa, “Cooperative Works by a Human and a Humanoid Robot,” Proc. of the 2003 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA ’03), Vol.3, pp. 2985-2991, 2003.
-  Y. Miyaji and K. Tomiyama, “Implementation Approach of Affective Interaction for Caregiver Support Robot,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 1060-1069, 2013.
-  J. Han, M. Jo, S. Park, and S. Kim, “The educational use of home robots for children,” IEEE Int. Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (ROMAN ’05), pp. 378-383, 2005.
-  F. Tanaka, A. Cicourel, and J. R. Movellan, “Socialization between toddlers and robots at an early childhood education center,” Proc. of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol.104, No.46. pp. 17954-17958, 2007.
-  J. Han and D. Kim, “r-Learning services for elementary school students with a teaching assistant robot,” Proc. of the 4th ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. on Human Robot Interaction (HRI ’09), pp. 255-256, 2009.
-  G. Gordon, C. Breazeal, and W. Ma, “Can Children Catch Curiosity from a Social Robot?,” Proc. of the 10th Annual ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI ’15), pp. 91-98, 2015.
-  R. Dillmann, “Teaching and learning of robot tasks via observation of human performance,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.47, No.2, pp. 109-116, 2004.
-  C. Breazeal, G. Hoffman, and A. Lockerd, “Teaching and Working with Robots as a Collaboration,” Proc. of the 3rd Int. Joint Conf. on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, Vol.3 (AAMAS ’04), 2004, pp. 1030-1037, 2004.
-  D. Hood, S. Lemaignan, and P. Dillenbourg, “When children teach a robot to write: An autonomous teachable humanoid which uses simulated handwriting,” Proc. of the 10th Annual ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI ’15), pp. 83-90, 2015.
-  A. Sauppé and B. Mutlu, “How social cues shape task coordination and communication,” Proc. of the 17th ACM Conf. on Computer Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing (CSCW ’14), pp. 97-108, 2014.
-  Y. Nagai, A. Nakatani, and M. Asada, “How a robot’s attention shapes the way people teach,” Proc. of the 10th Int. Conf. on Epigenetic Robotics (EpiRob ’10), 2010, pp. 81-88, 2010.