High Speed and High Sensitivity Slip Sensor for Dexterous Grasping
Seiichi Teshigawara*, Takahiro Tsutsumi**, Yosuke Suzuki*,
and Makoto Shimojo*
*Department of Mechanical Engineering and Intelligent Systems, The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
**Yokogawa DCS Hardware Development, 2-9-32 Nakacho, Musashino-shi, Tokyo 180-8750, Japan
-  T. Wösch and W. Feiten, “Reactive Motion Control for Human-Robot Tactile Interaction,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3807-3812, 2002.
-  H. Iwata, S. Kobayashi, T. Aono, and S. Sugano, “Design of Anthropomorphic 4-DOF Tactile Interaction Manipulator with Passive Joints,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1785-1790, 2005.
-  R. S. Johansson and G. Westling, “Roles of glabrous skin receptors and sensorimotor memory in automatic control of precision grip when lifting rougher or more slippery objects,” Exp Brain Res, Vol.56, pp. 550-564, 1984.
-  H. R. Nicholls and M. H. Lee, “A Survey of Robot Tactile Sensing Technology,” Int. J. Robotics Research, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 3-30, 1989.
-  M. H. Lee and H. R. Nicholls, “Tactile Sensing for Mechatronics – A State of the Art Survey,” Mechatronics, Vol.9, pp. 1-31, 1999.
-  M. R. Tremblay and M. R. Cutkosky, “Estimating Friction Using initial Slip Sensing During Manipulation Task,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 429-434, 1993.
-  J. S. Son, E. A. Monteverde, and R. D. Howe, “A Tactile Sensor for Localizing Transient Events in Manipulation,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 471-476, 1994.
-  Y. Yamada, H. Morita, and Y. Umetani, “Vibrotactile Sensor Generating Impulsive Signals for Distinguishing Only Slipping States,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robotics and Systems, pp. 844-850, 1999.
-  G. Canepa, R. Petrigliano, M. Campanella, and D. De Rossi, “Detection of initial Object Slippage by Skin-Like Sensing and Neural Network Processing,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part-B, Vol.28, No.3, pp. 348-356, 1998.
-  D. Goeger, N. Ecker, and H. Woern, “Tactile Sensor and algorithm to detect slip in robot grasping processes,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 1480-1485, 2008.
-  B. Eberman and J. K. Salisbury, Jr. “Application of Change Detection to Dynamic Contact Sensing,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 471-476, 1994.
-  C. Melchiorri, “Slip Detection and Control Using Tactile and Force Sensors,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, pp. 235-243, 2000.
-  T. Takahashi, T. Tsuboi, T. Kishida, Y. Kawanami, S. Shimizu, M. Iribe, T. Fukushima, and M. Fujita, “Adaptive Grasping by Multi Fingered Hand with Tactile Sensor Based on Robust Force and Position Control,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 264-271, 2008.
-  D. Gunji, Y, Mizoguchi, S. Teshigawara, A. Ming, A. Namiki, M. Ishikawa, and M. Shimojo, “Grasping Force Control of Multifingered Robot Hand based on Slip Detection Using Tactile Sensor,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2605-2610, 2008.
-  S. Teshigawara, K. Tadakuma, A. Ming, M. Ishikawa, and M. Shimojo, “High Speed and High Sensitivity Slip Sensor Utilizing Characteristics of Conductive Rubber – Relationship Characteristics of Conductive Rubber and Resistance Change –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 200-208, 2009.
-  J.-C. Huang, “Carbon Black Filled Conducting Polymers and Polymer Blends,” Advances in Polymer Technology, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 299-313, 2002.
-  J. J. Benedetto and M. W. Frazier, “WAVELETS: Mathematics and Applications,” CRC-Press 1993.
-  M. Vetterli and J. Kovacevic, “Wavelets and Subband Coding,” Prentice Hall PTR, 1995.
-  A. Namiki, Y. Imai, M. Ishikawa, and M. Kaneko, “Development of a High-speed Multifingered Hand System and its Application to Catching,” Proc.of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2666-2671, 2003.
-  M. Ishikawa and M. Shimojo, “A Tactile Sensor Using Pressure-Conductive Rubber,” Proc. the 2nd Sensor Symp., Tsukuba, pp. 189-192, 1982.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.