Gesture-World Environment Technology for Mobile Manipulation – Remote Control System of a Robot with Hand Pose Estimation –
Kiyoshi Hoshino*, Takuya Kasahara*, Motomasa Tomida**,
and Takanobu Tanimoto*
*Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
**Crescent, Inc., 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
-  J.M. Rehg and T. Kanade, “Visual tracking of high DOF articulated structures: an application to human hand tracking,” European Conf. Computer Vision, pp. 35-46, 1994.
-  M. H. Jeong, Y. Kuno, N. Shimada, and Y. Shirai, “Recognition of shape-changing hand gestures,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E85-D, pp. 1678-1687, 2002.
-  S. Lu, D. Metaxas, D. Samaras, and J. Oliensis, “Using multiple cues for hand tracking and model refinement,” Proc. CVPR2003, Vol.2, pp. 443-450, 2003.
-  E. Ueda, Y. Matsumoto, M. Imai, and T. Ogasawara, “Hand pose estimation for vision-based human interface,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.50, No.4, pp. 676-684, 2003.
-  M. H. Jeong, Y. Kuno, N. Shimada, and Y. Shirai, “Recognition of two-hand gestures using coupled switching linear model,” IEICE Trans. on In-formation and Systems, Vol.E86-D, pp. 1416-1425, 2003.
-  T. Gumpp, P. Azad, K. Welke, E. Oztop, R. Dillmann, and G. Cheng, “Unconstrained real-time markerless hand tracking for humanoid interaction,” Proc. IEEE-RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, CD-ROM, 2006.
-  V. Athitos and S. Scarloff, “An appearance-based framework for 3D hand shape classification and camera viewpoint estimation,” Proc. Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, pp. 40-45, 2002.
-  K. Hoshino and T. Tanimoto, “Real time search for similar hand images from database for robotic hand control,” IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol.E88-A, pp. 2514-2520, 2005.
-  Y.Wu, J. Lin, and T. S. Huang, “Analyzing and capturing articulated hand motion in image sequences,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.27, pp. 1910-1922, 2005.
-  K. Hoshino, E. Tamaki, and E. Tanimoto, “Copycat hand – Robot hand imitating human motions at high speed and with high accuracy,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.21, pp. 1743-1761, 2007.
-  K. Hoshino and T. Tanimoto, “Realtime hand posture estimation with Self-Organizing Map for stable robot control,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E89-D, No.6, pp. 1813-1819, 2006.
-  K. Hoshino and M. Tomida, “3D hand pose estimation using a single camera for unspecified users,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.21, No.6, pp. 749-757, 2009.
-  N. Otsu and T. Kurita, “A new scheme for practical, flexible and intelligent vision systems,” Proc. IAPR. Workshop on Computer Vision, pp. 431-435, 1998.
Supporting Online Materials:[a] Z. Zhang, “A Flexible New Technique for Camera Calibration,”
-  [b] Gesture-Driven Robot Arm System,
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.