Calculation of 6-DOF Pose of Arbitrary Inclined Nuts for a Grasping Task by Dual-Arm Robot
Ruhizan Liza Ahmad Shauri and Kenzo Nonami
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Division of Artificial Systems Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
-  H. Iwata and S. Sugano, “Human robot interference adapting control coordinating human following and task execution,” Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2004 (IROS 2004), Proc., 2004 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conference on, Vol.3, pp. 2879-2885, 2004.
-  M. Dhome, M. Richetin, J. T. Lapreste, and G. Rives, “Determination of the attitude of 3D objects from a single perspective view,” Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Trans. on, Vol.11, pp. 1265-1278, 1989.
-  D. F. DeMenthon and L. S. Davis, “Exact and approximate solutions of the perspective-three-point problem,” Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Trans. on, Vol.14, pp. 1100-1105, 1992.
-  B. M. Haralick, C.-N. Lee, K. Ottenberg, and M. Nvlle, “Review and analysis of solutions of the three point perspective pose estimation problem,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.13, pp. 331-356, 1994.
-  D. Nister, “An efficient solution to the five-point relative pose problem,” Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Trans. on, Vol.26, pp. 756-770, 2004.
-  G.Wang, J.Wu, and Z. Ji, “Single view based pose estimation from circle or parallel lines,” Pattern Recogn. Lett., Vol.29, pp. 977-985, 2008.
-  F. Janabi-Sharifi and M. Marey, “A Kalman-Filter-Based Method for Pose Estimation in Visual Servoing,” Robotics, IEEE Trans. on, Vol.26, pp. 939-947, 2010.
-  D. F. DeMenthon and L. S. Davis, “Model-based object pose in 25 lines of code,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.15, pp. 123-141, 1995.
-  D. Oberkampf, D. F. DeMenthon, and L. S. Davis, “Iterative Pose Estimation Using Coplanar Feature Points,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.63, pp. 495-511, 1996.
-  V. Lippiello, B. Siciliano, and L. Villani, “Position-Based Visual Servoing in Industrial Multirobot Cells Using a Hybrid Camera Configuration,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.23, pp. 73-86, 2007.
-  Z. Zhang, “A Flexible New Technique for Camera Calibration,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.22, pp. 1330-1334, 2000.
-  A. Saxena, J. Driemeyer, and A. Ng, “Learning 3-D Object Orientation from Images,” 2009 IEEE Int. Conference on Robotics and Automation, Kobe Int. Conference Center, 2009.
-  A. Saxena, J. Driemeyer, and A. Y. Ng, “Robotic Grasping of Novel Objects using Vision,” The Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.27, pp. 157-173, 2008.
-  A. Saxena, L. Wong, and A. Y. Ng, “Learning grasp strategies with partial shape information,” Proc. of the 23rd national conference on Artificial intelligence – Vol.3, Chicago, Illinois: AAAI Press, 2008.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Object recognition from local scale-invariant features,” The Seventh IEEE Int. Conference on Computer Vision, Vol.2, pp. 1150-1157, 1999.
-  A. Leonardis, H. Bischof, A. Pinz, H. Bay, T. Tuytelaars, and L. Van Gool, “SURF: Speeded Up Robust Features,” Computer Vision – ECCV 2006, Vol.3951, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin/Heidelberg, pp. 404-417, 2006.
-  H. Kato and M. Billinghurst, “Marker Tracking and HMD Calibration for a Video-Based Augmented Reality Conferencing System,” Proc. of the 2nd IEEE and ACM Int. Workshop on Augmented Reality, IEEE Computer Society, 1999.
-  H. Kato, M. Billinghurst, I. Poupyrev, K. Imamoto, and K. Tachibana, “Virtual object manipulation on a table-top AR environment,” Augmented Reality, 2000 (ISAR 2000), Proc. IEEE and ACM Int. Symposium on, pp. 111-119, 2000.
-  J. T. Feddema and O. R. Mitchell, “Vision-guided servoing with feature-based trajectory generation,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.5, pp. 691-700, 1989.
-  K. Yamaguchi, A. Kaisumi, Y. Hirata, and K. Kosuge, “Development of Handling Device for Small Parts. 3rd Report: Design of Handling Device for Gear Assembly,” 2011 JSME Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, Okayama, pp. 1A1-E03, 2011.
-  S. Makita, Y. Kadono, Y. Maeda, S. Miura, I. Kunioka, and K. Yoshida, “Manipulation of submillimeter-sized electronic parts using force control and vision-based position control,” Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2007, IROS 2007, IEEE/RSJ Int. Conference on, pp. 1834-1839, 2007.
-  R. L. A. Shauri and K. Nonami, “Assembly manipulation of small objects by dual-arm manipulator,” Assembly Automation, Vol.31, pp. 263 - 274, 2011.
-  R. L. A. Shauri, S. Toritani, K. Saiki, D. Nakagawa, and K. Nonami, “Dexterous Manipulation for Assembly Work Using Multilink Dual Arm Manipulator with Vision Sensors,” The Int. Conference on Motion and Vibration Control (MOVIC) 2010, Tokyo, Japan, 2010.
-  R. Lienhart and J. Maydt, “An extended set of Haar-like features for rapid object detection,” Image Processing, 2002, Proc., 2002 Int. Conference on, Vol.1, pp. I-900-I-903, 2001.
-  D. Lowe, “Three-dimensional object recognition from single twodimensional images,” Artificial Intelligence, Vol.31, pp. 355-395, 1987.
-  G. Bradski and A. Kaehler, “Learning OpenCV: Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library,” 1st ed: O’Reilly Media, Inc., October 2008.
-  S. Hutchinson, G. D. Hager, and P. I. Corke, “A tutorial on visual servo control,” Robotics and Automation, IEEE Trans. on, Vol.12, pp. 651-670, 1996.
Supporting Online Materials:[a] Fanuc Ltd., “FANUC Robotics Intelligence Robot Solutions,” 2010.
-  [b] Yaskawa Electric Corporation, “Robotics Continues to Evolve, Meeting New Challenge,” 2003-2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2012 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.