Design and Delivery of a Subject in Robotics
School of Engineering, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith NSW 2751, Australia
-  R. Graham and E. Crawley, “Making projects work: a review of transferable best practice approaches to engineering project-based learning in the UK,” Engineering Education, Vol.5, Issue 2, pp. 41-49, 2010.
-  J. Adams, S. Kaczmarczyk, P. Picton, and P. Demian, “Problem solving and creativity in engineering: conclusions of a three year project involving reusable learning objects and robots,” Engineering Education, Vol.5, Issue 2, pp. 4-17, 2010.
-  L. E. Carlson and J. F. Sullivan, “Hands-on engineering: Learning by doing in the integrated teaching and learning program,” Int. J. of Engineering Education, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 20-31, 1999.
-  F. Stern, T. Xing, D. B. Yarbrough, A. Rothmayer, et al., “Handson CFD educational interface for engineering courses and laboratories,” J. of Engineering Education, Vol.95, No.1, pp. 63-83, 2006.
-  D. W. Knight, L. E. Carlson, and J. F. Sullivan, “Staying in engineering: Effects of a hands-on, team-based, first-year projects course on student retention,” Proc. on American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conf., Paper 1800, June 2003.
-  N. Dabbagh and D. A. Menasce, “Student perceptions of engineering entrepreneurship: An exploratory study,” J. of Engineering Education, Vol.95, No.2, pp. 153-164, April 2006.
-  A. M. Erkmen, T. Tsubouchi, and R. Murphy, “Mechatronics education,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.8, No.2, June 2001.
-  D. G. Alciatore and M. B. Histand, “Integrating mechatronics into a mechanical engineering curriculum,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 35-38, 2001.
-  S. Das, S. A. Yost, and M. Krishnan, “A 10-year mechatronics curriculum development initiative: relevance, content, and results – Part I,” IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol.53, No.2, pp. 194-201, 2010.
-  M. Krishnan, S. Das, and S. A. Yost, “A 10-year mechatronics curriculum development initiative: relevance, content, and results – Part II,” IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol.53, No.2, pp. 202-208, 2010.
-  D. C. Rye, M.W. M. G. Dissanayake, and E. M. Nebot, “Design and development of an undergraduate degree in mechatronics,” Proc. of the Workshop on Mechatronics Education, Stanford University, pp. 91-97, July 21-22, 1994.
-  J. A. Gal and G. Fang, “A flexible robotic assembly system in mechatronics education,” The Proc. of theWorld Congress on Manufacturing, Cairns, Australia, pp. 455-463, 15-17 September 1997.
-  D.Wilcher, “Lego Mindstorms Mechatronics,” McGraw Hill, 2004.
-  J. B. Weinberg and X. Yu, “Robotics in Education: low-cost platforms for teaching integrated systems,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, pp. 4-6, June 2003.
-  X. Yu and J. B. Weinberg, “Robotics in Education: new platforms and environments,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, p. 3, September 2003.
-  A. Baerveldt, T. Salomonsson, and B. Astrand, “Vision-guided mobile robots for design competitions,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, pp. 38-44, June 2003.
-  J. M. Gomez-de-Gabriel, A. Mandow, J. Fernandez-Lozano, and A. J. Garcia-Cerezo, “Using LEOG NXT mobile robots with Lab-VIEWfor undergraduate courses onMechatronics,” IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol.54, No.1, pp 41-47, 2011.
-  A. Behrens, L. Atorf, R. Schwann, B. Neumann, R. Schnitzler, J. Balle, T. Herold, A. Telle, T. G. Noll, K. Hameyer, and T. Aach, “MATLAB meets LEGOMindstorms – a freshman introduction course into practical engineering,” IEEE Trans. on Education, Vol.53, No.2, pp. 306 - 317, 2010.
-  J. M. M. Tur and C. F. Pfeiffer, “Mobile Robot design in education,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, pp. 69-75, March 2006.
-  A. Soto, P. Espinace, and R.Mitnik, “A Mobile Robotics Course for Undergraduate Students in Computer Science,” Proc. of the IEEE Latin American Robotics Symposium (LARS) 2006, pp. 187-192, 2006.
-  G. Dudek and M. Jenkin, “Computational Principles of Mobile Robotics,” Cambridge University Press 2000.
-  J. Borenstein, “Navigating mobile robots: systems and techniques,” A. K. Peters Ltd., 1996.
-  W. E. Dixon et al., “Nonlinear control of wheeled mobile robots,” Springer, 2001.
-  H. R. Everett, “Sensors for Mobile Robots – Theory and Application,” A. K. Peters Ltd., 1995.
-  J. L. Jones, A. M. Flynn, and B. A. Seiger, “Mobile Robots – Inspiration to Implementation,” 2nd Edition, A. K. Peters Ltd., 1999.
-  J. C. Latombe, “Robot motion planning,” Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.
-  R. R. Murphy, “Introduction to AI Robotics,” The MIT Press, 2000.
-  R. Siegwart and I. R. Nourbakhsh, “Introduction to autonomous mobile robots,” The MIT Press, 2004.
-  R. Siegwart, I. R. Nourbakhsh, and D. Scaramuzza, “Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robots,” 2nd Edition, TheMIT Press, 2011.
-  “ROBOLAB Reference Guide,” Version 1.4, The LEGO Group, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2011 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.