Overload Protection Mechanisms for Force Detecting Beam in a Force Sensor
Koyu Abe and Masaru Uchiyama
Department of Aerospace Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Aoba-yama 6-6-01, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  D. M. Stefanescu, T. Manescu, and I. Ion, “Strain Gauges Emplacement Possibilities for Force/Torque Transducers in Robotics,” IMEKO-XV World Congress, Vol.10, pp. 117-124, 1999.
-  C. R. Flatau, “Force Sensing in Robots and Manipulators,” Proc. 2nd Int. CISM IFT. MM Symp. On the Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators, pp. 294-306, 1976.
-  K. Abe, T. Miwa, and M. Uchiyama, “Development of a 3-axis Planer Force/Torque Sensor for Very Small Force/Torque measurement,” JSME Int. Journal Series C, Vol.42, No.2, pp. 376-382, 1999.
-  Y. Hatamura, “Multi-Axis Force Sensors and their Applications,” Journal of the Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.57, No.10, pp. 47-53, 1991. (in Japanese)
-  K. Abe, Y. Tanida, A. Konno, and M. Uchiyama, “FEM Analysis of a Directional Deflection Sensor Beam Structure for Small Force/Torque Measurement,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Precision Engineering 2004 (ICoPE2004), pp. 628-634, 2004.
-  M. Yokota, “Study on Dynamic Force Sensor for Robot Manipulator,” Master’s Thesis of Tohoku University, 1985. (in Japanese)
-  B/L AUTOTEC Ltd., “Technical Catalog of Force/Torque Sensor,” 2007.
-  A. Konno, Y. Tanida, K. Abe, and M. Uchiyama, “A Plantar Hslit Force Sensor for Humanoid Robots to Detect the Reaction Forces,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS2005), pp. 1470-1475, 2005.
-  T. Oiwa and T. Sugimoto, “Shape Optimization for Flexure Hinges,” Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.63, No.10, pp. 1454-1458, 1995. (in Japanese)
-  W. Xu and T. King, “Flexure Hinges for Piezo Actuator Displacement Amplifiers: Flexibility, Accuracy, and Stress Consideration,” Precision Engineering, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 4-10, 1996.
-  J. M. Paros and L. Weisbord, “Flexure Hinges,” Machine Design, November, pp. 151-156, 1965.
-  N. H. Cook, E. Gloewen, and M. C. Shaw, “Machine-tool Dynamometers,” American Machinist, pp. 125-129, 1954.
-  S. Shiozaki and M. Miyazaki, “New Designs of Dynamometers,” Journal of the Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.35, No.7, pp. 41-46, 1969. (in Japanese)
-  A. Menciassi, A. Eisinberg, M. C. Carrozza, and P. Dario, “Force Sensing Micro Instrument for Measuring Tissue,” IEEE/ASME TRANS-ACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 10-17, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2008 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.