Design of a Precision Linear-Rotary Positioning Actuator
Wei Gao, Shinji Sato, Yasumasa Sakurai, and Satoshi Kiyono
Nanosystems Engineering Laboratory, Department of Nanomechanics, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  E. Shamoto and T. Moriwaki, “Development of a “walking drive” ultraprecision positioner,” Precision Engineering, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 85-92, 1997.
-  R. Yoshida, Y. Okamoto, T. Higuchi, and R. Hamamatu, “Development of smooth Impact Drive Mechanism – Proposal of Driving Mechanism and Basic Performance,” J. Jpn. Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol.65, No.1, pp. 111-15, 1999.
-  T. Morita, R. Yoshida, Y. Okamoto, and T. Higuchi, “Three DOF parallel link mechanism utilizing smooth impact drive mechanism,” Precision Engineering, Vol.26, pp. 289-295, 2002.
-  E. A. Mendrela and E. Gierczak, “Double-winding rotary-linear induction motor,” IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion, EC-2(1), pp. 47-54, 1987.
-  W. Gao, S. Dejima, and S. Kiyono, “A dual-mode surface encoder for position measurement,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.117 No.1, pp. 95-102, 2005.
-  Catalog of MTI-2000 Photonic Sensor, MTI Instruments Inc., NY 12205-5505 USA,
-  S. Cagatay, B. Koc, and K. Uchino, “A 1.6-mm, metal tube ultrasonic motor,” IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonic Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, Vol.50, No.7, pp. 782-786, 2003.
-  W. Gao, M. Tano, S. Satoh, and S. Kiyono, “On-machine measurement of a cylindrical surface with sinusoidal micro-structures by an optical slope sensor,” Precision Eng., Vol.30, No.3, pp. 274-279, 2006.
-  W. Gao, T. Araki, S. Kiyono, Y. Okazaki, and M. Yamanaka, “Precision nano-fabrication and evaluation of a large area sinusoidal grid surface,” Precision Eng., Vol.27, No.3, pp. 289-298, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.