Improvement in a Surface Motor-Driven Planar Motion Stage
Wei Gao, Katsutoshi Horie, Songyi Dian, Kei Katakura,
and Satoshi Kiyono
Nanosystems Engineering Laboratory, Department of Nanomechanics, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  Y. Tomita, Y. Koyanagawa, and F. Satoh, “A surface motordriven precision positioning system,” Precision Engineering, 16-3, pp. 184-191, 1994.
-  W. J. Kim and D. L. Trumper, “High-precision magnetic levitation stage for photolithography,” Precision Engineering, 22-2, pp. 66-77, 1998.
-  M. A. Soltz, Y. L. Yao, and J. Ish-Shalom, “Investigation of a 2-D planar motor based machine tool motion system,” International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, 39, pp. 1157-1169, 1999.
-  M. Holmes, R. Hocken, and D. Trumper, “The long-range scanning stage: a novel platform for scanned-probe microscopy,” Precision Engineering, 24-3, pp. 191-209, 2000.
-  E. Shamoto, H. Murase, and T. Moriwaki, “Ultra-precision 6-axis table driven by means of walking drive,”Annals of the CIRP, 49-1, pp. 299-302, 2000.
-  R. Hocken, D. Trumper, and C.Wang, “Dynamics and control of the UNCC/MIT sub-atomic measuring machine,” Annals of the CIRP, 50-1, pp. 373-376, 2001.
-  H. Kunzmann, T. Pfeifer, and J. Flugge, “Scales vs laser interferometers, performance and comparison of two measuring systems,” Annals of the CIRP, 42-2, pp. 753-767, 1993.
-  C. R. Steinmetz, “Sub-micron position measurement and control on precision machine tools with laser interferometry,” Precision Engineering, 12-1, pp. 12-24, 1990.
-  S. Kiyono, P. Cai, and W. Gao, “An angle-based position detection method for precision machines,” JSME Int. J., 42-1, pp. 44-48, 1999.
-  W. Gao, S. Dejima, Y. Shimizu, and S. Kiyono, “Precision measurement of two-axis positions and tilt motions using a surface encoder,” Annals of the CIRP, 52-1, 52-2, pp. 435-438, 2003.
-  W. Gao, S. Dejima and S. Kiyono, “A Dual-Mode Surface Encoder for Position Measurement,” Sensors and Actuators A, 117/1, pp. 95-102, 2005.
-  W. Gao, S. Dejima, H. Yanai, K. Katakura, S. Kiyono, and Y. Tomita, “A surface motor-driven planar motion stage integrated with an XYθZ surface encoder for precision positioning,” Precision Engineering, 28-3, pp. 329-337, 2004.
-  S. Dejima, W. Gao, K. Katakura, S. Kiyono, and Y. Tomita, “Dynamic modeling, controller design and experimental validation of a planar motion stage for precision positioning,” Precision Engineering, 29-3, 263-27114, 2005.
-  W. Gao, P. S. Huang, T. Yamada, and S. Kiyono, “A compact and sensitive two-dimensional angle probe for flatness measurement of large silicon wafers,” Precision Engineering, 26-4, pp. 396-404, 2002.
-  Y. Watanabe, W. Gao, H. Shimizu, and S. Kiyono, “Analysis of a surface encoder in wave optics,” Key Engineering Materials, Vol.257-258, pp. 219-224, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.