Program Development Environment for Multiple Robot-Multiple Application System
Tsukasa Kyousou and Yasumichi Aiyama
Graduate school of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
We propose and develop an application development environment for a robot with components such as multiple manipulators and hands. Each component is treated as a module to build the robot efficiently, easy application development targets robot diversity. The mechanism we propose manages modules and work space, enabling easy cooperative programming and efficient robot operation. To ensure application safety, we implemented the prior confirmation of robot operation and the avoidance of execution conflict.
-  M. Mizukawa, T. Koyama, T. Inukai, A. Noda, N. Kanamaru, Y. Noguchi, and N. Otera, “Proposal of OpenNetwork-Interface for Industrial Robots (ORiN) and its Experimental Evaluation,” IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 689-694, 2001.
-  F. Ozaki, J. Oaki, H. Sato, H. Hashimoto, and N. Matsuhira, “Open Robot Controller Architecture (ORCA),” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.21, No.6, pp. 602-608, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W. Yoon, “RTMiddleware: Distributed Component Middleware for RT (Robot Technology),” 2005 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots & Systems, pp. 3555-3560, 2005.
-  HMS Consortium, “Holonic Manufacturing System,” Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  T. Arai, Y. Aiyama, Y. Maeda, M. Sugi, and J. Ota, “Agile Assembly System by “Plug and Produce”,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.49, No.1, pp. 1-4, 2000.
-  T. Sato, T. Mori, and T. Harada, “Intelligence of Robotic Room –Ubiquitous Intelligence–,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.20, No.5, pp. 482-486, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  F. Kanehiro, K. Fujiwara, S. Kajita, K. Yokoi, K. Kaneko, H. Hirukawa, Y. Nakamura, and K. Yamane, “Open Architecture Humanoid Robotics Platform,” Proc. of the 2002 IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, pp. 24-30, 2002.
-  S. Ando, K. Nakashima, and Y. Inoue, “Holonic Multi Robot Systems: HMRS (Distributed and Cooperative Robot Motion Planning),” HMS Project Symposium, pp. 43-58, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  I. Nabeshima, “Theory of Scheduling,” Morikita Shuppan Co., 1974 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.