Decentralized Adaptive Coordinated Control of Multiple Robot Arms for Constrained Tasks
Haruhisa Kawasaki, Rizauddin Bin Ramli, and Satoshi Ueki
Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, 1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
The decentralized adaptive coordinated control of multiple robot arms grasping a common object constrained by a known environment involves the analysis of cases of rigid and rolling contact between end-effectors and object. In the proposed controller, the dynamic parameters of both object and robot arms are estimated adaptively. Desired motion of the robot arms is generated by an estimated object reference model. The asymptotic stability of motion is proven by the Lyapunov-like lemma. Experimental results for two planar robot arms with 3 DOF moving a constrained object demonstrate the effectiveness of the control scheme.
-  S. Arimoto, “Intelligent control of multi-fingered hands,” Preprints of SYROCO’03, pp. 3-12, 2003.
-  T. Yoshikawa and X. Zheng, “Coordinated dynamic hybrid position/force control for multiple robot manipulators handling one constrained object,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1178-1183, 1990.
-  S. A. Schneider and H. C. Jr. Robert, “Object impedance control for cooperative manipulation: theory and experimental results,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and automation, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 383-394, 1992.
-  B. W. B. Yao and M. Tomizuka, “Adaptive coordinated control of multiple manipulators handling a constrained object,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 624-629, 1993.
-  C. Y. Su and Y. Stepaneko, “Adaptive sliding mode coordinated control of multiple robot arms attached to a constrained object,” IEEE Trans. on SMC, Vol.25, No.5, pp. 971-978, 1995.
-  P. Hsu, “Control of multi-manipulator systems: Trajectory tracking, load distribution, internal force control, and decentralized architecture,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 1234-1239, 1989.
-  Y. H. Liu and S. Arimoto, “Distributively controlling two robots handing an object in task space without any communication,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1193-1198, 1995.
-  H. Kawasaki, T. Shimizu, and S. Ito, “Adaptive coordinated control of multiple robot arms,” Proc. of the 6th IFAC Symposium, Robot Control, pp. 261-266, 2000.
-  H. Kawasaki, S. Ito, and R. B. Ramli, “Adaptive decentralized coordinated control of multiple robot arms,” Preprints of SYROCO’03, pp. 461-466, 2003.
-  H. Kawasaki and R. Taniuchi, “Adaptive control for robotic manipulators executing multilateral constrained Task,” Asian Journal of Control, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 1-11, 2003.
-  A. B. A. Cole and J. E. Hauser, “Kinematics and control of multifingered hands with rolling contact,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.34, No.4, pp. 398-404, 1989.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright© 2006 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.