Cooperative Obstacle-Avoidance Pushing Transportation of a Planar Object with One Leader and Two Follower Mobile Robots
Yanqun Le*, Hiroyuki Kojima*, and Kazuhiko Matsuda**
*Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Gunma University, Kiryu, Gunma 376-8515, Japan
**Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., 3-9-6 Ozawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181-8577, Japan
-  T. Sugar, and V. Kumar, “Control of cooperating mobile manipulators,” IEEE Trans. On Robotics and Automation, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 94-102, 2002.
-  J. Ota, N. Miyata, T. Arai, and E. Yoshida, “Transferring and regrasping a large object by cooperation of multiple mobile robots,” Proc. ’1995 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent robots and systems, pp. 543-548, 1995.
-  M. T. Mason, “Mechanics and planning of manipulator pushing operation,” Int. J Robotics Res., Vol.5, No.3, pp. 53-71, 1986.
-  T. Yoshikawa, and W. Kurisu, “Estimation of the friction distribution from pushing an object,” JRSJ, Vol.10, No.5, pp. 632-638, 1992.
-  K. M. Lynch, “Nonprehensile robotic manipulation: controllability and planning,” Ph.D. Thesis, University of Carnegie Mellon, 1996.
-  A. Sudsang, F. Rothganger, and J. Ponce, “A implemented planner for manipulating a polygonal object in the plane with three discshaped mobile robots,” Proc. ’2001 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent robots and systems, pp. 1499-1506, 2001.
-  G. A. S. Pereira, V. Kumar, and M. F. M. Campos, “Decentralized algorithms for multi-robot manipulation via caging,” Int. J Robotics Res., Vol.23, No.7-8, pp. 783-795, 2004.
-  Z. Wang, and V. Kumar, “Object closure and manipulation by multiple cooperative mobile robots,” IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics and Automation, pp. 394-399, 2002.
-  Z. Wang, Y. Hirata, and K. Kosuge, “Control a rigid caging formation for cooperative object transporation by multiple mobile robots,” Proc. ’2004 IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics & Automation, pp. 1580-1585, 2004.
-  H. Kojima, Y. Le, D. Wu, and Y. Takada, “Pushing transfer of a rectangular prism object by three mobile objects with passive compliance mechanisms,” Trans of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.C-692, No.70, pp. 994-1001, 2004.
-  K. Komoritani, S. Tachi, and K. Tanie, “A method for autonomous locomotion of mobile robots,” JRSJ, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 46-55, 1985.
-  Y. Kanayama, and N. Miyake, “Trajectory generation for mobile robots,” Robotic research, Vol.3, Cambridge, MA: MIT press, pp. 333-340, 1986.
-  H. Eren, C. C. Fung, and J. Evans, “Implementation of the spline method for mobile robot path control,” Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, pp. 739-744, 1999.
-  J. Hwang, R. C. Arkin, and D. Kwon, “Mobile robots at your fingertip: Bezier curve on-line trajectory generation for supervisory control,” Proc. ’2003 IEEE/RSJ Int. on intelligent robots and systems, 2003.
-  Y. Kanayama, and B. Hartman, “Smooth local path planning for autonomous vehicles,” Univ. of California, Santa Barbara, Tech. Report TRCS88-15, 1988.
-  Y. Kanayama, and Y. Kimura, “A stable tracking control method for a nonholonomic mobile robot,” Proc. ’91 IEEE/RSJ Int. Workshop on intelligent robots and systems, 1991.
-  Y. Yamamoto, and S. Fukuda, “Trajectory planning of multiple mobile manipulators with collision avoidance capability,” Proc. ’2002 IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics & Automation, pp. 3565-2570, 2002.
-  Y. Kume, Y. Hirata, K. Kosuge, H. Asama, H. Kaetsu, and K. Kawataba, “Decentralized control of multiple mobile robots transporting a single object in coordination without using force/torque sensors,” Proc. ’2001 IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics & Automation, pp. 3004-3009, 2001.
-  G. A. S. Pereira, B. S. Pimentel, L. Chaimovicz, and M. F. M. Campos, “Coordination of multiple mobile robots in an object carrying task using implicit communication,” Proc. ’2002 IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics & Automation, 2002.
-  K. Kosuge, T. Oosumi, M. Satou, K. Chiba, and K. Takeo, “Transportation of a single object by two decentralize-controlled nonholonomic mobile robots,” Proc. ’1998 IEEE Int. Conf. On Robotics & Automation, pp. 2989-2994, 1998.
-  N, Miyata, J. Ota, T. Arai, and H. Asama, “Cooperative transportation by multiple mobile robots in unknown static environments associated with real-time task assignment,” IEEE trans. Robotics & Automation, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 769-780, 2002.
-  F. Lamiraux, S. Sekhavat, and J. Laumond, “Motion planning and control for Hilare pulling a trailer,” IEEE Trans. Robotics & Automation, Vol.15, No.4, pp. 640-652, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.