Experiments on Motion Control of Two-Joint Articulated Hopping Robot with Stopper Mechanisms
Gustavo Kato*, Hiroyuki Kojima*, Mamoru Yoshida*,
and Yusuke Wakabayashi**
*Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Gunma University, 1-5-1 Tenjin-cho, Kiryu, Gunma 376-8515, Japan
**Japan High Comm Co. Ltd., 5-14-18 Ishimura-machi, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
-  H. Kojima, I. Murakami, S. Yoshida, and T. Sekiya, “Development of lineal DC motor surrounded by four faces for hopping robot and experiments of continuous hopping,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 91-95, 1996.
-  J. Burdick, and P. Fiorini, “A minimalistic actuated hopping robot for exploration of celestial bodies,” International Journal of Robotic Research, Vol.22, pp. 653-660, 2003.
-  S. Stoeter, P. Rybsky, M. Gini, and N. Papanikolopoulos, “Autonomous stair-hopping with scout robots,” Proceeding of International Conference of Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS02), paper #362.
-  B. Brown, and G. Zeglin, “The bow leg hopping robot,” International Proceeding of the IEEE Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA98), pp. 781-786, 1998.
-  S. Hyon, S. Kamijo, and T. Mita. “‘Kenken’ – A biologically inspired one-legged running robot,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 453-462, 2002.
-  M. Raibert, H. Brown, and M. Chepponis, “Experiments in balance with a 3D one-legged hopping machine,” International Journal of Robotic Research, Vol.3, pp. 75-92, 1984.
-  Sandia National Laboratories, www.sandia.gov.
-  R. Hayashi, and S. Tsujio, “High performance jumping movements by pendulum-type machines,” Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.19, No.4, pp. 528-534, 2001.
-  G. W. Houser, and D. E. Hudson, “Applied Mechanics: Dynamics,” D. Van Nostrand Company, 1959.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.