Modulated Vibrations Used to Display Tactile Sense
Hideto Ide*, and Yoshinori Ide**
*Aoyama Gakuin University, 5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-8558, Japan
**Tamagawa University, Machida 194-0041, Japan
-  K. A. Kaczmarek, J. G. Webster, P. Bach-y-Rita, and W. J. Tompkins, “Electro-tactile and vibro-tactile displays for sensory substitution systems,” IEEE Trans. on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 1-16, 1991.
-  E. T. Auer, and L. E. Bernstein, “Temporal and spatio-temporal vibrotactile displays for voice fundamental frequency: An initial evaluation of a new vibrotactile speech perception aid with normalhearing and hearing-impaired individuals,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol.104, pp. 2477-2489, 1998.
-  H. Ide, and M. Uchida, “Vibrotactile stimulation by using both the electrical and mechanical stimuli,” J. Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 1-9, 1994.
-  M. Uchida, H. Tanaka, and H. Ide, “A Tactile Display by 16 kinds of modulated wave vibration used only one PZT vibrator,” Trans. IEE of Japan, Vol.120-C, No.6, pp. 825-830, 2000.
-  T. Shiozaki, and H. Ide, “Basic characteristics for information giving with modulated vibration,” Proc. 2001 Annual Meeting of the Institute of Electrical Engineering of Japan, p. 11, 2001.
-  T. Shiozaki, M. Uchida, H. Tanaka, A. Nozawa, and H. Ide, “Quantitative evaluation of the tactile sense by ERP,” Trans. IEE of Japan, Vol.122-C, pp. 1567-1572, 2002.
-  Y. Nageishi, and M. Shimokouchi, “ERP measurement,” Clinical EEG, Vol.26, pp. 623-628, 1984.
-  Inductive Potential Inspection Working Group, “Draft of Guideline for Inductive ERP Measurement,” Nouha-to-Kindenzu, Vol.13, No.1, 1985.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2005 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.