Genetic-Algorithm-Based Fixed-Structure Robust H∞ Loop-Shaping Control of a Pneumatic Servosystem
Somyot Kaitwanidvilai, and Manukid Parnichkun
Asian Institute of Technology, P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthanee, 12120, Thailand
-  K. Zhou, and J. C. Doyle, “Essential of Robust Control,” Prentice-Hall, 1998.
-  Y.-C. Chu, K. Gloverb, and A. P. Dowlingb, “Control of combustion oscillations via H∞ loop-shaping,” µ-analysis and Integral Quadratic Constraints, Automatic, Vol.39, pp. 219-231, 2003.
-  T. Kimura, S. Hara, and T. Takamori, “H∞ control with Mirror Feedback for a Pneumatic Actuator System,” Proceeding of 35th Conference on Decision and Control, Kobe, Japan, December 1996.
-  T. Kimura, H. Fujioka, K. Tokai, and T. Takamori, “Sampled-data H∞ control for a pneumatic cylinder system,” Proceeding of 35th Conference on Decision and Control, Kobe, Japan, December 1996.
-  J. H. Park, “H-Infinity Direct Yaw Moment Control with Brakes for Robust Performance and Stability of Vehicles,” JSME International Journal, Series C, Vol.44, No.2, pp. 403-413, 2001.
-  D. C. McFarlane, and K. Glover, “A loop shaping design procedure using H∞ synthesis,” IEEE Trans. On Automatic Control AC-37 (6), pp. 759-769, 1992.
-  A. K. Paul, J. K. Mishra, and M. G. Radke, “Reduced Order Sliding Mode Control for Pneumatic Actuator,” IEEE Transection On Control Systems Technology, Vol.2, No.3, September 1994.
-  J. Song, and Y. Isnida, “A Robust control for pneumatic servo system,” Int. Journal of Engineering Science, Vol.35, No.8, pp. 711-723, 1997.
-  F. Xiang, and J. Wikander, “Block-oriented approximate feedback linearization for control of pneumatic actuator system,” Control Engineering Practice, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 31 May 2003.
-  W. Backe, and O. Ohligschlaeger, “Model of heat transfer in pneumatic chambers,” Journal of Fluid Control, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 61-78, 1989.
-  L. Ljung, “System Identification: Theory for the User,” Prentice-Hall 2nd edition, 1999.
-  R. Richardson, A. R. Plummer, and M. D. Brown, “Self-Tuning Control of a Low-Friction Pneumatic Actuator Under the Influence of Gravity,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems, Vol.9, No.2, March 2001.
-  M.-C. Shih, and S.-I. Tseng, “Identification and Position Control of a Servo Pneumatic Cylinder,” Control Engineering Practice, Elsevier Science, Vol.3, No.9, pp. 1285-1290, 1995.
-  K. Hamiti et al., “Positin Control of A Pneumatic Actuator Under the Influence of Stiction,” Control Engineering Practice, Elsevier Science, Vol.4, No.8, pp. 1079-1088, 1996.
-  M. Uebing, and N. D. Maughan, “On linear modeling of a pneumatic servo system,” Proceeding of the Fifth Scandinavian International Conference on Fluid Power, Vol.2, pp. 363-378, Linkoping, Sweden, 1997.
-  S. Skogestad, and I. Postlethwaite, “Multivariable Feedback Control Analysis and Design,” John Wiley & Son, 1996.
-  MATLAB System Identification Toolbox, Mathworks co., Ltd.,
-  T. Virvalo, “Designing a Pneumatic Positionc Servo System,” Power International, 1989.
-  S. Ibaraki, and M. Tomizuka, “Tuning of a Hard Disk Drive Servo Controller Using H∞ Fixed-Structure Controller Optimization,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.123, September 2001.
-  Y.-C. Chu, K. Gloverb, and A. P. Dowlingb, “Control of combustion oscillations via H∞ loop-shaping,” µ-analysis and Integral Quadratic Constraints, Automatica 39, pp. 219-231, 2003.
-  X.-D. Sun, P. G. Scotson, and G. Balfour, “A Further Application of Loop Shaping H-infinity Control to Diesel Engine Control – Driven-Idle Speed Control,” SAE Technique paper series, SAE 2002 World Congress, Detroit, Michiganm, March 4-7, 2002.
-  B. J. Lurie, and P. J. Enright, “Classical Feedback Control with MATLAB,” Marcel Dekker, Inc., pp. 94-129, 2000.
-  B.-S. Chen, and Y.-M. Cheng, “A Structure-Specified optimal Control Design for Practical Applications: A Genetic Approach,” IEEE Trans. on Control System Technology, Vol.6, No.6, November 1998.
-  B.-S. Chen, Y.-M. Cheng, and C.-H. Lee, “A Genetic Approach to Mixed H2/H∞ Optimal PID Control,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems, pp. 51-60, 1995.
-  C. Houck, J. Joines, and M. Kay, “A Genetic Algorithm for Function Optimization: A MATLAB Implementation,” by NCSU-IE TR 95-09, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.