Torque Planning of a New Golf-Swing Robot to Emulate Skillful Golfers
Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Kitami Institute of Technology, 165 Koen-cho, Kitami, Hokkaido 090-8507, Japan
-  D. R. Budney, and D. G. Bellow, “On the swing mechanics of a matched set of golf clubs,” Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 53, pp. 185-192, 1982.
-  T. Jorgensen, “On the dynamics of the swing of a golf club,” American Journal of Physics, 38, pp. 644-651, 1970.
-  M. A. Lampsa, “Maximizing distance of the golf drive: An optimal control study,” Trans. of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 75, pp. 362-367, 1975.
-  P. D. Milburn, “Summation of segmental velocities in the golf swing,” Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 14, pp. 60-64, 1982.
-  R. J. Neal, and B. D. Wilson, “3D kinematics and kinetics of the golf swing,” International J. of Sports Biomechanics, 1, pp. 221-232, 1985.
-  T. Iwatsubo, N. Konishi et al., “Research on optimum design of a golf club,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (c), 56-529, pp. 2386-2391, 1990.
-  T. Iwatsubo, S. Kawamura et al., “Study on influences of characteristics of golf club on impact phenomenon,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (c), 64-623, pp. 2354-2361, 1998.
-  A. M. Brylawski, “An investigation of three dimensional deformation of a golf club during downswing,” Proc. of the World Scientific Congress of Golf, pp. 265-270, 1994.
-  J. H. Butler, and D. C. Winfield, “The dynamic performance of the golf shaft during the downswing,” Proc. of the World Scientific Congress of Golf, pp. 259-264, 1994.
-  R. D. Milne, and J. P. Davis, “The role of the shaft in the golf swing,” J. of Biomechanics, 25, pp. 975-983, 1992.
-  A. Miyamae, “Advanced golf clubs start with the latest robot technology,” J. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, 101-955, pp. 427-429, 1998.
-  S. Suzuki, and H. Inooka, “A new golf-swing robot model utilizing shaft elasticity,” J. of Sound and Vibration, 217-1, pp. 17-31, 1998.
-  S. Suzuki, and H. Inooka, “A new golf-swing robot Model emulating golfer’s skill,” Sports Engineering, 2, pp. 13-22, 1999.
-  S. Suzuki, and H. Inooka, “Experimental study on golf-swing robot adjusting to the characteristics of golf clubs,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (c), 65-637, pp. 3694-3700, 1999.
-  Z. Jin, M. Ootaki et al., “Study on golf swing robot: Fundamental experiment and trial manufacture of a small prototype,” Prep. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Annual Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, pp. 381-382, 1997.
-  A. Ming, M. Kajitani et al., “Study on golf swing robot: Basic concept,” Prep. of the 13th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan, pp. 1139-1140, 1995.
-  A. Ming, and M. Kajitani, “Study on golf swing robot: Optimal trajectory planning with considering flexibility of club shaft,” Prep. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Symposium on Sports Engineering, pp. 48-49, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.