Adaptive Modular Vector Field Control for Robot Contact Tasks in Uncertain Environments
Yohei Saitoh*, Zhiwei Luo**, and Keiji Watanabe*,**
*Dept. of Bio-Systems Engineering, Yamagata University, 4-3-16 Jonan, Yonezawa-shi, Yamagata, Japan
**Bio-Mimetic Control Research Center, RIKEN, 2271-130 Anagahora, Shimoshidami, Moriyama-ku, Nagoya, Japan
-  N. Hogan, “Impedance Control: An Approach to Manipulation: Part I-III,” ASME J. Dynam. Syst. Meas. Contr., Vol.107, pp. 1-24, 1985.
-  Y. Kishi, Z. W. Luo, F. Asano, and S. Hosoe, “Passive Impedance Control with Time-varying Impedance Center,” Proc. of The 5th IEEE Int. Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation (CIRA2003), 2003.
-  M. H. Raibert, and J. J. Craig, “Hybrid position/force control of manipulators,” ASME J. Dynam. Syst. Meas. Contr., Vol.102, pp. 126-133, 1981.
-  T. J. Tarn, N. Xi, and A. K Bejczy, “Path-based Approach to Integrated Planning and Control for Robotic Systems,” Automatica, Vol.32, No.12, pp. 1675-1687, 1996.
-  P. Y. Li, and R. Horowitz, “Passive Velocity Field Control of Mechanical Manipulators,” IEEE Trans. on Rob. Auto., Vol.15, No.4, pp. 751-763, 1999.
-  P. Y. Li, and R. Horowitz, “Passive Velocity Field Control Part I – Geometry and Robustness,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.46, No.9, 2001.
-  P. Y. Li, and R. Horowitz, “Passive Velocity Field Control Part II – Application to Contour Following,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.46, No.9, 2001.
-  P. Y. Li, “Adaptive Passive Velocity Field Control (PVFC) Approach to Robot Force Control and Contour Following,” Proc. of American Control Conference, San Diego, June 1999.
-  Z. W. Luo, K. Ito, and M. Yamakita, “Estimation of Environment Models Using Vector Field and its Application to Robot’s Task’s,” Proc. of IEEE Conf. On Neural Networks, pp. 2546-2549, 1995.
-  F. A. Mussa-Ivaldi, and S. F. Gister, “Vector Field Approximation: a Computational Paradigm for Motor Control and Learning,” Biol. Cybern. 67, pp. 491-500, 1992.
-  T. Odashima, Z. W. Luo, and S. Hosoe, “Hierarchical Control Structure of a Multi-Legged Robot for Environmental Adaptive Locomotion,” J. of Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol.6.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.