Development of Robot Using Pneumatic Artificial Rubber Muscles to Operate Construction Machinery
Kenji Kawashima*, Takahiro Sasaki*,
Toshiyuki Miyata*, Naohiro Nakamura**,
Masato Sekiguchi***, and Toshiharu Kagawa*
*Tokyo Institute of Technology, Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama-shi, 226-8503, Japan
**OLYMPUS CORPOPATION, 2951 Ishikawa-cho, Hachioji-shi, Tokyo 192-8507, Japan
***NS Solutions Corporation, 3-3-1, Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
-  H. Hasunuma et al., “A tele-operated Humanoid Robot Drives a Lift Truck,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2246/2252, 2002.
-  K. Yokoi, M. Kobayashi, H. Hasunuma, H. Moriyama, T. Itoko, Y. Yanagihara, T. Ueno, K. Ohya, “Application of Humanoid Robots for Teleoperations of Construction Machines,” IEEE/RSJ IROS Workshop on Explorations towards Humanoid Robot Applications, 2001.
-  M. Minamoto, “Development of a portable tele-operated robot for the manipulation of a backhoe shovel for the restoration of disaster stricken sites”; SPIE, 1999.
-  R. A. Schulte, “The Characteristics of the McKibben Artificial Muscle,” In The Application of External Power in Prosthetics and Orthetics, publ.874, Nas-Rc, 94-115, 1962.
-  V. L. Nickel, J. Perry, and A. L. Garrett, “Development of useful function in the severely paralyzed hand,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Vol.45A, No.5, pp.933-952, 1963M.
-  C. Chou and B. Hannaford, “Measurement and modeling of Mckibben pneumatic artificial muscles,” IEEE Trans. Robot. Automat., vol.2, pp.90-102, Feb.1996.
-  Bridgestone Corp., “The Rubbertuator,” product literature, 1988.
-  Uno, Motoo, “Artificial Rubber Muscles and its application to robot,” Journal of the Japan Hydraulics and Pneumatics Society, 17(3), 175-180, (1986)(in Japanese).
-  G. K. Klute, J. M. Czerniecki, B. Hannaford “McKibben Artificial Muscles: Pneumatic Actuators with Biomechanical Intelligence,” IEEE/ASME Int Conf on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM ‘99), September 19-22, 1999 in Atlanta, GA.
-  T. Kagawa, T. Fujita and T. Yamanaka, “Nonlinear model of artificial muscle,” Trans. of the Society of Instrument and Contr. Engineers (SICE) 29(10), 1241-1243, (1993)(in Japanese).
-  K. Kawamura, R. A. Peters II, D. M. Wilkes, W. A. Alford, and T. E. Rogers, “ISAC: Foundations in Human-Humanoid Interaction,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, July / August 2000.
-  Kingsley, D. A., Quinn, R. D. Ritzmann, R. E., “A Cockroach Inspired Robot With Artificial Muscles,” International Symposium on Adaptive Motion of Animals and Machines (AMAM 2003), Kyoto, Japan.
-  T. KAGAWA, T. FUJITA and K. KAWASHIMA, “Modeling and Designing a Power Assist Circuit using Artificial Muscle,” KACC, 121-126, 1993.
-  D. G. Caldwell, G. A. M. Cerda and M. Goodwin, “Control of Pneumatic Muscle Actuators,” IEEE Control Systems, 40-48, 1995
-  T. Noritsugu, Y. Tsuji, K. Ito, “Improvement of Control Performance of Pneumatic Rubber Artificial Muscle Manipulator by Using Electroreological Fluid Damper,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, v4 1999, IV-788/IV-793, 1999.
-  M. Cerda, G. A. Bowler, C. J. Caldwell, D. G. Caldwell, “Adaptive Position Control of Antagonistic Pneumatic Muscle Actuators,” IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, v1 1995, 378-383, 1995.
-  Kutz, Ronald, Vincent Hayward, “Multiple-Goal Kinematic Optimization of a Parallel Spherical Mechanism with Actuator Redundancy,” IEEE Trans. of Robotics and Automation, 8(5), 644-651, 1992.
-  S. Kawamura, K. Miyata, H. Hanafusa, K. Ishida, “PI type Hierarchical Feedback Control Scheme for Pneumatic Robots,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 1853/1858, 1989.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.