Dynamic Control of Curve-Constrained Hyper-Redundant Manipulators
Shugen Ma*, and Mitsuru Watanabe**
*Department of Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Ibaraki University, 4-12-1 Nakanarusawa-Cho, Hitachi-Shi 316-8511, Japan
**NEC Tokin Corporation, 6-7-1 Kohriyama, Taihaku-Ku, Shendai-Shi 982-8510, Japan
-  S. Ma, S. Hirose, and H. Yoshinada, “Development of a hyperredundant manipulator for maintenance of nuclear reactors,” Int. J. of Advanced Robotics, Vol.9, No.3, pp.281-300, 1995.
-  G. S. Chirikjian and J. W. Burdick, “An obstacle avoidance algorithm for hyper-redundant manipulators,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp.625-631, 1990.
-  G. S. Chirikjian and J. W. Burdick, “A modal approach to hyper-redundant manipulator kinematics,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.10, No.3, pp.343-354, 1994.
-  Chirikjian, G. S., J. W. Burdick, “A geometric approach to hyper-redundant manipulator obstacle avoidance,” ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol.114, December, pp.580-585, 1992.
-  G. S. Chirikjian and J. W. Burdick, “Kinematically optimal hyper-redundant manipulator configurations,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.11, No.6, pp.794-806, 1995.
-  G. S. Chirikjian, “Hyper-redundant manipulator dynamics: A continuum approximation,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.9, No. 3, pp.217-243, 1995.
-  S. Ma and M. Konno, “An obstacle avoidance scheme for hyper-redundant manipulators – Global motion planning in posture space,” in Proc. 1997 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.1, pp.161-167, 1997.
-  H. Mochiyama, Shape control of manipulators with hyper degrees of freedoms, Ph.D. thesis, (Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, School of Information Science), 1998.
-  C. A. Klein and C. H. Huang, “Review of the pseudoinverse for control of kinematically redundant manipulators,” IEEE Trans. on Syst., Man, Cyber., Vol.13, No.2, pp.245-250, 1983.
-  A. Liegeois, “Automatic supervisory control of the configuration and behavior of multi-body mechanisms,” IEEE Trans. on System, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.7, No.12, pp.868-871, 1977.
-  D. N. Nenchev, “Redundancy resolution through local optimization: a review,” Journal of Robotic Systems, Vol.6, No.6, pp.769-798, 1989.
-  T. Shamir and Y. Yomdin, “Repeatability of redundant manipulators: Mathematical solution of the problem,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.33, No.11, pp.1004-1009, 1988.
-  J. Baillieul, “Kinematic programming alternatives for redundant manipulators,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, 1985.
-  S. Hirose, Biologically Inspired Robots, Kogyo Chosakai Publishing Co., Ltd., Tokyo, 1987 (in Japanese); also Oxford, Oxford University Press, 1993.
-  I. N. Sneddon, Special Functions of Mathematical –Physics and Chemistry–, London: Oliver & Boyd, 1961.
-  K. Yokoshima, Study on the control of the Moray-drive type multijoint manipulators with hyper degrees, ME dissertation, (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology), 1992.
-  C. H. An, C. G. Atkeson, and J. M. Hollerbach, Model-Based Control of a Robot Manipulator, The MIT Press, 1988.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.