Exposure of Population and Energy-Related Base Facilities to Shaking Intensity Predicted for Nankai Megathrust Earthquakes
Nobuoto Nojima† and Hiroki Kato
Department of Civil Engineering, Gifu University
1-1 Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
-  Tohoku Electric Power Company, “Emergency information: Perspective of restoration from The 2011 Off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” March 11-April 25, 2011, http://www.tohoku-epco.co.jp/emergency/9/index.html [accessed May 27, 2011, in Japanese]
-  Tokyo Electric Power Company, “Press release: Impacts of restoration from The 2011 Off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” March 11-April 25, 2011, http://www.tepco.co.jp/index-j.html [accessed May 27, 2011, in Japanese]
-  The Japan Gas Association, “Suspension of city gas supply due to The 2011 Off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” March 11 (No.2) – April 25 (No.51), 2011, http://www.gas.or.jp/default.html [accessed May 27, 2011, in Japanese]
-  Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Industrial Structure Council, Preservation Group Discussion, Electricity Security Subcommittee, “Interim Report,” 48p., 2014 (in Japanese).
-  Japan Nuclear Technology Institute (JANTI), Operation Status, July 2016, http://www.gengikyo.jp/facility/powerplant.html [accessed July 29, 2016, in Japanese]
-  The Cabinet Office, The Anticipated Nankai Megathrust Earthquake Model Investigation Group, “About strong motion fault model and distribution of seismic intensity (The second report),” August 2012. http://www.bousai.go.jp/jishin/chubou/nankai_trough/pdf/20120829_2nd_report05.pdf [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  The Cabinet Office, The Anticipated Nankai Megathrust Earthquake Model Investigation Group, “About tsunami fault model, tunami heights and inundated Area (The second report),” August 2012, http://www.bousai.go.jp/jishin/chubou/nankai_trough/pdf/20120829_2nd_report01.pdf [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  Mitsubishi Research Institute, “FY2014 Report on earthquake resistant electric power facilities (Investigation on simulation of electric power demand and supply in disaster),” February 2015, http://www.data.go.jp/data/dataset/meti_20160328_0069 [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  N. Nojima and H. Kato, “Assessment of tsunami inundation exposure of energy-related base facilities caused by anticipated Nankai Megathrust Earthquakes,” Proc. of the Seventh China-Japan-US Trilateral Symposium on Lifeline Earthquake Engineering, Shanghai, China, June 1-4, 2016.
-  N. Nojima and H. Kato, “Exposure assessment of energy-related facilities due to the Nankai Megathrust Earthquakes,” Proc. of the 14th Japan Earthquake Engineering Symposium, pp. 267-274, December 2014 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Statistics Bureau, “2005 Census,” http://www.stat.go.jp/data/kokusei/2010/index.htm [accessed September 20, 2012, in Japanese]
-  N. Nojima, S. Fujikawa, Y. Ishikawa, T. Okumura, H. Fujiwara and N. Morikawa, “Exposure analysis using the probabilistic seismic hazard maps for Japan,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.5, pp.861-868, 2013.
-  N. Nojima, H. Fujiwara, N. Morikawa, Y. Ishikawa, T. Okumura and J. Miyakoshi,“Seismic risk assessment of active faults in Japan in terms of population exopsure to seismic intensity,” Journal of Japn Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 22-40, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  N. Nojima, M. Sugito and M. Kuse, “Macroscopic assessment of seismic disaster potential in terms of population exposure to seismic intensity,” Proc. of the Third Taiwan-Japan Workshop on Lifeline Performance and Disaster Mitigation, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 251-258, May 2004.
-  The Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan: Share of electric power energy by types of generation, June 2012. http://www.fepc.or.jp/about_us/pr/sonota/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2012/06/13/kouseihi_2011.pdf [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, National and Regional Policy Bureau. “National Land Numerical Information Download,” 2013, http://nlftp.mlit.go.jp/ksj/index.html [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  JUNTUNET21 : JUNTUNET21Website, Statistical material No.1, List of refining capacities of oil refineries as of April 1, 2010, http://www.juntsu.co.jp/jouhou/toukei/toukei1.html [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  Wikipedia, “List of LNG terminals in Japan,” 2015. http://ja.wikipedia.org/ [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  Google map, http://maps.google.co.jp/ [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  Google Earth, http://www.google.co.jp/intl/ja/earth/index.html [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  N. Nojima, and Y. Maruyama, “An Overview of Functional Damage and Restoration Processes of Utility Lifelines in the 2016 Kumamoto Earthquake, Japan,” JSCE Journal of Disaster FactSheets, FS2016-L-0004, pp. 1-12, 2016.
-  Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA), “The method to calculate JMA instrumental seismic intensity,” http://www.data.jma.go.jp/svd/eqev/data/kyoshin/kaisetsu/calc_sindo.htm [accessed August 31, 2013, in Japanese]
-  K. T. Shabestari and F. Yamazaki, “A Proposal of Instrumental Seismic Intensity Scale Compatible with MMI Evaluated from Three-Component Acceleration Records,” Earthquake Spectra, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 711-723, 2001.
-  D. J. Wald, V. Quitoriano, T. H. Heaton, and H. Kanamori “Relationships between peak ground acceleration, peak ground velocity, and Modified Mercalli intensity in California,” Earthquake Spectra, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 557-564, August 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.