An Attempt of Extracting and Sharing Lessons Learned from Experiences of the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster Based on the Viewpoints of Experts on Disaster Science: The “Database of Lessons from March 11, 2011”
Shosuke Sato† and Fumihiko Imamura
International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University
Aoba 468-1, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-0845, Japan
-  Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, “Database of Information on Lessons Learned from the Great Hanshin Awaji Earthquake,” http://www.bousai.go.jp/kyoiku/kyokun/hanshin_awaji/data/index.html [accessed Mar. 15, 2016]
-  Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, “The Day before Project,” http://www.bousai.go.jp/kyoiku/keigen/ichinitimae/ [accessed Mar. 15, 2016]
-  New disaster mitigation research project on Mega thrust earthquakes around Nankai/Ryukyu subduction zones, http://gensai.nagoya-u.ac.jp/nankai-t/ [accessed Mar. 15, 2016]
-  Mie Prefectural Government (Division of Disaster Prevention Planning and Community Support, Department of Disaster Prevention), “A list of those who experienced difficulties with certain issues in response to the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster,” Mie Prefectual: New Earthquake and Tsuami Countermeasure Action Plans, March, 2014, http://www.pref.mie.lg.jp/DIBOUSAI/shinjishin.html [accessed Mar. 15, 2016]
-  Int. Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University, “Database of lessons from March 11 (in Japanese: 311 Manabi Database): A digital space storing lessons learned from the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster delivered from IRIDeS,” http://311manabi.irides.tohoku.ac.jp [accessed Mar. 15, 2016]
-  S. Hayashi, Y. Narita, and S. Koshimura,“Developing Tsunami Fragility Curves from the Surveyed Data and Numerical Modeling of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake Tsunami,” Jounal of Japan Society of Civil Engineering, Ser.B2, Coastal engineering, Vol.69, No.2, pp. I_386-I_390, 2013.
-  S. Koshimura and H. Gokon, “Structural vulnerability and tsunami fragility curves from the 2011 Tohoku earthquake tsunami disaster,” Jounal of Japan Society of Civil Engineering, Ser.B2, Coastal engineering, Vol.68, No.2, pp .I_336-I_340, 2012.
-  S. Sato, F. Imamura, and H. Hayashi, “An Analysis of Amount of Human Resource Support from Outside of the Affected Areas and its Associated Factors in the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster,” J. of Social Safety Science, No.19, pp. 93-103, March, 2013.
-  Y. Honjo and S. Tatsuki, “Examining the Plan for Receiving Outside Support to Promote Cooperation with Other Local Governments and Voluntary Organizations: Case Study: The Great East Japan Earthquake, 2011,” J. of Social Safety Science, No.23, pp. 21-31, March, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.