How will we Manage Recovery from a Catastrophic Disaster? Organization Structure for Recovery Management in the World
Norio Maki*,† and Laurie A. Johnson**
*DPRI, Kyoto University
S-552 Gokanosyo Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan
**Laurie Johnson Consulting | Research, USA
-  2009 Victorian Bushfire Royal Commission, Final Report, 2010.
-  L. A. Johnson, “The Planning for Post-Disaster Recovery: Next Generation Briefing Papers,” American Planning Association, 2014.
-  L. A. Johnson and B. O. Robert, “The Road to Recovery: Governing Post Disaster Reconstruction,” Land Lines, 2013.
-  L. M. Seldon, I. Kobayashi, snd N. Maki, “Place Making after a disaster: Japanese practice of Machizukuri,” Planning quarterly, No.199, the New Zealand Planning Institute, pp. 26–31, 2015.
-  E. L. Quarantelli, “Organizations under stress,” in Brictson, R. (Eds.), Symposium on Emergency Operations, Santa Monica, CA: Systems Development Corporation, pp. 3–19, 1966.
-  T. Kato et.al., “The Six Principles of Recovery: A Guideline for Preparing for Future Disaster Recoveries,” J. Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.sp, pp. 737-745, 2013.
-  Victorian Government Regional Development, “Victoria Victorian Bushfire Recovery,” Three Year Report, State of Victoria, 2012.
-  S. Ito, “Recovery Organization, 10 years evaluation of the 1995 Kobe earthquake report,” Vol.2, Hyogo Prefecture Government, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Recovery agency, “Role of recovery agency” (in Japanese), http://www.reconstruction.go.jp/topics/main-cat12/yakuwari.html [accessed March 8, 2016]
-  N. Maki and H. Hayashi, “Disaster response and recovery to the Hurricane Katrina; How does the US disaster management system work,” Natural disaster science, Vol.25, No,2, pp. 221-213, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  N. Maki and N. Yamamoto, “Recovery of housing in Banda Aceh; reconstruction at original place and relocation,” Minpaku Jissen Jinruigaku series 9, Natural disaster and recovery support, pp. 331–360, Akashi Syoten, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  M. Yasuhiro, “Administration on disaster management and urban development; toward pre-disaster recovery planning,” Shinzansya, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  FEMA, Federal Emergency Management Agency, “National Disaster Recovery Framework: Strengthening Disaster Recovery for the Nation,” Federal Emergency Management Agency, 2011a, http://www.fema.gov/pdf/recoveryframework/ndrf.pdf [accessed Sep. 26, 2016]
-  LRA, Louisiana Recovery Authority, “Louisiana Recovery Authority, 2005–2010,” 2010, http://lra.louisiana.gov/assets/docs/searchable/Quarterly%20Reports/FinalReportJune2010.pdf [accessed Sep. 26, 2016]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.