Estimation of a Source Model and Strong Motion Simulation for Tacna City, South Peru
Nelson Pulido*1, Shoichi Nakai*2, Hiroaki Yamanaka*3,
Diana Calderon*4, Zenon Aguilar*4, and Toru Sekiguchi*2
*1National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, 3-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0006, Japan
*2Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
*3Tokyo Institute of Technology, Kanagawa, Japan
*4Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería, Perú, Lima, Perú
-  M. Chlieh, H. Perfettini, H. Tavera, J.-P. Avouac, D. Remy, J.-M. Nocquet, et al., “Interseismic coupling and seismic potential along the Central Andes subduction zone,” J. Geophys. Res., 116, B12405, doi:10.1029/2010JB008166, 2011.
-  H. Perfettini, J.-P. Avouac, H. Tavera, A. Kositsky, J.-M. Nocquet, F. Bondoux, M. Chlieh, A. Sladen, L. Audin, D. Farber, and P. Soler, “Aseismic and seismic slip on the Megathrust offshore southern Peru revealed by geodetic strain before and after the Mw8.0, 2007 Pisco earthquake,” Nature, Vol.465, pp. 78-81, doi:10.1038/nature09062, 2010.
-  N. Moreno, M. Rosenau, and O. Oncken, “2010 Maule earthquake slip correlates with pre-seismic locking of Andean subduction zone,” Nature, 467, pp. 198-204, 2010.
-  J. P. Loveless and B. J. Meade, “Spatial correlation of interseismic coupling and coseismic rupture extent of the 2011 Mw = 9.0 Tohoku-oki earthquake,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.38, No,17, doi: 10.1029/2011GL048561, 2011.
-  N. Pulido, Z. Aguilar, H. Tavera, M. Chlieh, D. Calderon, T. Sekiguchi, S. Nakai, and F. Yamazaki, “Scenario source models and strong ground motion for future mega-earthquakes: Application to Lima, Central Peru,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., 2014 (in press).
-  L. Dorbath et al., “Assessment of the size of large and great historical earthquakes in Peru,” Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., Vol.80, No.3, pp. 551-576, 1990.
-  E. Kendrick, M. Bevis, J. R. Smalley, B. Brooks, R. B. Vargas, E. Lauria et al., “The Nazca-South America Euler vector and its rate of change,” J. South Am. Earth Sci., Vol.16, No.2, pp. 125-131, doi:10.1016/S0895-9811(1003)00028-00022, 2003.
-  W. Suzuki, N. Pulido, and S. Aoi, “Rupture process of the 2014 Northern Chile (Pisagua) earthquake derived from strong-motion records,” Proceedings of the 14th Japan Earthquake Engineering Symposium, 2014 (in press).
-  N. Pulido and T. Kubo, “Near-Fault Strong Motion Complexity of the 2000 Tottori Earthquake (Japan) from a Broadband Source Asperity Model,” Tectonophysics, Vol.390, pp. 177-192, 2004.
-  N. Pulido, A. Ojeda, K. Atakan, and T. Kubo, “Strong Ground Motion Estimation in the Marmara Sea Region (Turkey) Based on a Scenario Earthquake,” Tectonophysics, Vol.391, pp. 357-374, 2004.
-  M.. B. Sorensen, K. Atakan, and N. Pulido, “Simulated strong ground motions for the great M9.3 Sumatra-Andaman earthquake of December 26, 2004,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.97, No.1A, pp. S139-S151, doi: 10.1785/0120050608, 2007a.
-  M.. B. Sorensen, N. Pulido, and K. Atakan, “Sensitivity of Ground-Motion Simulations to Earthquake Source Parameters: A Case Study for Istanbul, Turkey,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.97, pp. 881-900, doi: 10.1785/0120060044, 2007b.
-  N. Pulido and L. Dalguer, “Estimation of the high-frequency radiation of the 2000 Tottori (Japan) earthquake based on a dynamic model of fault rupture: Application to the strong ground motion simulation,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.99, No.4, pp. 2305-2322, doi: 10.1785/012008016, 2009.
-  N. Pulido, H. Tavera, Z. Aguilar, S. Nakai, and F. Yamazaki, “Strong Motion Simulation of the M8.0 August 15, 2007, Pisco Earthquake; Effect of a Multi-Frequency Rupture Process,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 235-242, 2013.
-  P. M. Mai, P. Spudich, and J. Boatwright, “Hypocenter Locations in Finite-Source Rupture Models,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.95, pp. 965-980, doi: 10.1785/0120040111, 2005.
-  P. S. Cunningham, S. Roecker, and D. Hatzfeld, “Threedimensional P and S wave velocity structures of southern Peru and their tectonic implications,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.91, No.B9, pp. 9517-9532, 1986.
-  K. Phillips, R. W. Clayton, P. Davis, H. Tavera, R. Guy, S. Skinner, I. Stubailo, L. Audin, and V. Aguilar, “Structure of the subduction system in southern Peru from seismic array data,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.117, B11306, doi:10.1029/2012JB009540, 2012.
-  H.. Yamanaka, M. S. Quispe-Gamero, K. Chimoto, K. Saguchi, D. Calderon, F. Lazares, and Z. A. Bardales, “Exploration of Deep sedimentary layers in Tacna city, southern Peru, using microtremors and earthquake data for estimation of local amplification,” Journal of Seismology, 2014 (in review).
-  T. Brocher, “Key elements of regional seismic velocity models for long period ground motion simulations,” J. Seismol., Vol.12, pp. 217-221, 2008.
-  D. Garcia, S. K. Singh, M. Herraiz, M. Ordaz, J. F. Pacheco, and H. Cruz-Jimenez, “Influence of subduction structure on coastal and inland attenuation in Mexico,” Geophys. J. Int., Vol.179, pp. 215-230, doi:10.1111/j.1365-246X.2009.04243.x, 2009.
-  M. Raoof and O. Nuttli, “Attenuation of High-Frequency Earthquake Waves in South America,” PAGEOPH, Vol.122, pp. 619-644, 1984.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.