Estimation of S-Wave Velocity Profiles at Lima City, Peru Using Microtremor Arrays
Selene Quispe*, Kosuke Chimoto*, Hiroaki Yamanaka*,
Hernando Tavera**, Fernando Lazares***, and Zenon Aguilar***
*Department of Environmental Science and Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8502, Japan
**Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP), Lima, Peru
***Japan Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), Faculty of Civil Engineering, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru
-  P. Repetto, I. Arango, and H. B. Seed, “Influence of site characteristics on building damage during the October 3, 1974 Lima earthquake,” Report-Earthquake Engineering Research Center, College of Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, California, EERC 80/41, 1980.
-  Z. Aguilar, “Seismic Microzonation of Lima,” Japan-Peru Workshop on Earthquake Disaster Mitigation, Japan-Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), Faculty of Civil Engineering, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru, 2005.
-  T. Sekiguchi, D. Calderon, S. Nakai, Z. Aguilar, and F. Lazares, “Evaluation of Surface Soil Amplification for Wide areas in Lima, Peru,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8 No.2, pp. 259-265, 2013.
-  D. Calderon, T. Sekiguchi, S. Nakai, Z. Aguilar, and F. Lazares, “Study of Soil Amplification Based on Microtremor and Seismic Records in Lima Peru,” Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 1-20, 2012.
-  K. Aki, “Space and Time Spectra of Stationary Stochastic Waves, with Special Reference to Microtremors,” Bulletin Earthquake Research Institute Tokyo University, Vol.25, pp. 415-57, 1957.
-  CISMID, “Study of the Vulnerability and Seismic Risk in 42 districts of Lima and Callao,” Japan–Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering Research and Disaster Mitigation, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru, 2005 (in Spanish).
-  W. R. Stephenson, R. A. Benites, and P. N. Davenport, “Localized coherent response of the La Molina basin (Lima, Peru) to earthquakes, and future approaches suggested by Parkway basin (New Zealand) experience,” Solid Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol.29, No.10, pp. 1347-1357, 2009.
-  J. P. Le Roux, C. Tavares, and F. Alayza, “Sedimentology of the Rímac-Chillón alluvial fan at Lima, Peru, as related to Plio-Pleistocene sea-level changes, glacial cycles and tectonics,” Journal of South American Earth Sciences, Vol.13, pp. 499-510, 2000.
-  A. Martínez and F. Porturas, “Planos Geotécnicos para Lima, Perú, Análisis y Visión en Ingeniería Sísmica,” Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Lima, Perú, 1975 (in Spanish).
-  R. N. Grutas and H. Yamanaka, “Shallow shear-wave velocity profiles and site response characteristics from microtremor array measurements in Metro Manila, the Philippines,” Exploration Geophysics, CSIRO Publishing, 2012.
-  H. Okada, “The microtremor survey method,” Geophysical Monograph Series No. 12, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, 2003.
-  H. Yamanaka, “Inversion of surface-wave phase velocity using hybrid heuristic search method,” Butsuri Tansa (Geophysical exploration), Vol.60, pp. 265-75, 2007 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  C. Kitsunezaki, Y. Kobayashi, T. Ikawa, M. Horike, T. Saito, T. Kurota, K. Yamabe, and K. Okuzumi, “Estimation of P- and S-wave velocities in deep soil deposits for evaluating ground vibrations in earthquake,” Journal of the Japan Society for Natural Disaster Science, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 1-17, 1990.
-  S. Quispe, H. Yamanaka, Z. Aguilar, F. Lazares, and H. Tavera, “Preliminary Analysis for Evaluation of Local Site Effects in Lima city, Peru from Ground Motion Data by Using the Spectral Inversion Method,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8 No.2, pp. 243-251, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.