Action Selection for Game Play Agents Using Genetic Algorithms in Platform Game Computational Intelligence Competitions
Ken Hasegawa, Narutoshi Tanaka, Ryuji Emoto,
Yusuke Sugihara, Ardta Ngonphachanh, Junko Ichino,
and Tomonori Hashiyama
Graduate School of Information Systems, The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
-  M. Campbell, A. J. Hoane Jr., and F. Hsu, “Deep Blue,” Artificial Intelligence, Vol.134, Issues 1-2, pp. 57-83, 2002. DOI: 10.1016S0004-3702(01)00129-1
-  T. Hartley and Q. Mehdi, “Online action adaptation in interactive computer games,” ACM Computers in Entertainment, Vol.7, No.2, Article No.28, p. 31, 2009. DOI: 10.11451541895.1541908
-  S. Karakovskiy and J. Togelius, “The Mario AI Benchmark and Competitions,” IEEE Trans. on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 55-67, 2012.
-  G. N. Yannakakis, “Game AI revisited,” Proc. of the 9th Conf. on Computing Frontiers, pp. 285-292, 2012. DOI: 10.1145/2212908.2212954
-  N. Tanaka, R. Emoto, K. Hasegawa, Y. Sugihara, A. Ngonphachanh, J. Ichino, and T. Hashiyama, “A game play agent learns to play as if it is controlled by human player,” Proc. of 28th Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 292-293, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  T. Takano, T. Ichimura, M. Kanoh, and M. Koshino, “The Platform Game CI Competition 2012 in Japan,” Proc. of 28th Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 516-517, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  J. E. Laird, “Research in human-level AI using computer games,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.3, No.8, pp. 32-35, 2002.
-  S. M. Lucas, “Computational Intelligence and AI in Games: A New IEEE Transactions,” IEEE Trans. on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 1-3, 2009.
-  J. Togelius, S. Karakovskiy, and R. Baumgarten, “The 2009 MarioAI competition,” Proc. IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, 2010. DOI: 10.1109/CEC.2010.5586133
-  J. Togelius, G. N. Yannakakis, B. Weber, T. Shimizu, T. Hashiyama et al., “The 2010 Mario AI Championship: Level Generation Track,” IEEE Trans. on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 332-337, 2011.
-  T. Shimizu, T. Hashiyama, T. Esaki, J. Ichino, and S. Tano, “Online Level Generation using User Profiles to Keep the user in the Flow Channel,” Proc. of 27th Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 557-562, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  J. Togelius, G. N. Yannakakis, S. Karakovskiy, and N. Shaker, “Assessing Believability,” Ch.9 in Believable Bots, P. Hingston (Ed.), pp. 215-230, Springer 2012. DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-32323-2_9
-  Platform Game CI Testbed package.
-  T. Takano and M. Kanoh, “Platform Game AI Tutorial,” Proc. of 33rd Tokai Fuzzy Symposium (Gama-ken), 2012 (in Japanese).
-  S. Shinohara, T. Takano, H. Takase, H. Kawanaka, and S. Tsuruoka, “A discussion on planning method in platform game AI – A study of situation recognition for utilizing learning data –,” Proc. of 28th Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 705-708, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  M. Maeda, H. Kanii, T. Nakamura, M. Kanoh, and K. Yamada, “Obtaining Action Rules for Game Agents with Evolutional Computation,” Proc. of 28th Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 713-714, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Result of Platform Game CI Competition 2012 in Japan.
-  Mario AI Manual (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.