CHARM as Activity Model to Share Knowledge and Transmit Procedural Knowledge and its Application to Nursing Guidelines Integration
Satoshi Nishimura*1, Yoshinobu Kitamura*1, Munehiko Sasajima*1,
Akiko Williamson*2, Chikako Kinoshita*2, Akemi Hirao*3,
Kanetoshi Hattori*3, and Riichiro Mizoguchi*4
*1The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research (ISIR), Osaka University, 8-1 Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047, Japan
*2Miki City Hospital, 58-1 Kasa, Miki, Hyogo 673-0402, Japan
*3Kobe City College of Nursing, 3-4 Gakuen Nishi-machi, Nishi-ku, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
*4Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1-1 Asahidai, Nomi, Ishikawa 923-1292, Japan
-  Y. Nakazawa, “Current Status of the Shortage of Medical Doctors in Japan,” Shinshu Medical J., Vol.58, No.6, pp. 291-300, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “Report of seventh investigative commission for prospection of nurse demand and supply,” 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “– 2010 project to promote stable management of medical facility – Investigation report for integration and regrouping hospitals in late years,” 2010 (in Japanese).
-  R. Mizoguchi, “Ontology Engineering,” Ohmsha, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Kitamura and R. Mizoguchi, “Ontology-based description of functional design knowledge and its use in a functional way server,” Expert Systems with Application, Vol.24, No.2, pp. 153-166, 2003.
-  Y. Kitamura and R.Mizoguchi, “Organizing knowledge about functional decomposition,” Proc. of 14th Int. Conf. on Engineering Design, 2003.
-  M. Onodera, “Indications and basic procedures of airway management,” Surgical Therapy, Vol.99, No.3, pp. 254-258, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Yamashita and A. Hayami, “Textbook of clinico-radiological technology,” Nankodo, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  K. Inamoto, S. Beppu, S. Arai, I. Ishimoto, T. Kadota, Y. Sunaga, T. Sunayashiki, A. Takigawa, T. Tanaka, Y. Dantoko, K. Tokunaga, S. Nakanishi, and K. Morikawa, “Textbook of radiographic technology,” Ishiyaku Publishers, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Higashida, E. Shinkai, and M. Kato, “Textbook of medical image diagnostic technology,” Nanzando, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  M. Kimura, “Companion of treatment for parasitic disease 2007,” pp. 1-4, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Mizuno, Y. Okuma, S. Kikuchi, S. Kuno, T. Hashimoto, K. Hasegawa, Y. Mano, H. Miwa, M. Murata, M. Yamamoto, F. Yokochi, R. Okiyama, A. Kanazawa, K. Shinpo, T. Chuma, T. Higashi, T. Maruyama, E. Mizuta, and S. Yamazaki, “Guidelines for the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease,” 2002 (in Japanese).
-  “The Merck Manual of Medical Information Second Home Edition Online Version.”
-  “Yahoo! Health.”
-  “goo healthcare.”
-  S. Nishimura, Y. Kitamura, M. Sasajima, A. Williamson, C. Kinoshita, K. Hattori, and R. Mizoguchi, “CHARM: Convincing Human Action Rationalized Model,” The 25th Annual Conf. of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, 3G3-2in, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  ACLS Osaka Working Group, “Course Guide of Advanced Cardiac Life Support,” 2008 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “Guideline of induction course for novice nurse,” 2011 (in Japanese).
-  “OntoloGear.”
-  A.Williamson, “Activity for improvement by integration of nursing manual,” The 15th Annual Conf. of the Japan Academy of Nursing Administration and Policies, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  A. A. Boxwala, M. Peleg, S. Tu, O. Ogunyemi, Q. T. Zeng, D. Wang, V. L. Patel, R. A. Greenes, and E. H. Shortliffe, “GLIF3: a representation format for sharable computer-interpretable clinical practice guidelines,” J. of biomedical informatics, Vol.37, pp. 147-161, 2004.
-  M. Peleg, A. Boxwala, S. Tu, D.Wang, O. Ogunyemi, and Q. Zeng, “Guideline Interchange Format 3.5 Technical Specification.”
-  J. Choi, L. M. Currie, D. Wang, and S. Bakken, “Encoding a clinical practice guideline using guideline interchange format: A case study of a depression screening and management guidelne,” Int. J. of Medical Informatics, Vol.76S, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.