Temperature Variations in Drilling of CFRP/Aluminum and CFRP/Titanium Stacks
Masahiko Sato†, Hisataka Tanaka, and Kanae Yamamoto
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Tottori University
4-101 Koyamacho-minami, Tottoti-shi, Tottori 680-8552, Japan
†Corresponding author, E-mail: email@example.com
-  D. Liu, Y. Tang and W. L. Cong, “A review of mechanical drilling for composite laminates,” Composite Structures, Vol.94, No.5, pp. 1265-1279, 2012.
-  A. M. Abrão, P. E. Faria, J. C. Campos Rubio, P. Reis, and J. Paulo Davim, “Drilling of fiber reinforced plastics: A review,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.186, Nos.1-3, pp. 1-7, 2007.
-  E. Brinksmeier and R. Janssen, “Drilling of Multi-Layer Composite Materials consisting of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics (CFRP), Titanium and Aluminum Alloys,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, Vol.51, No.1, pp. 87-90, 2002.
-  I. Shyha, S. L. Soo, D. K. Aspinwall, S. Bradley, S. Dawson, and C. J. Pretorius, “Drilling of Titanium/CFRP/Aluminium Stacks,” Key Engineering Materials, Vol.447-448, pp. 624-633.
-  I. S. Shyha, S. L. Soo, D. K. Aspinwall, S. Bradley, R. Perry, P. Harden, and S. Dawson, “Hole quality assessment following drilling of metallic-composite stacks,” Int. Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.51, Nos.7-8, pp. 569-578, 2011.
-  D. Kim and M. Ramulu, “Drilling process optimization for graphite/bismaleimide-titanium alloy stacks,” Composite Structures, Vol.63, No.1, pp. 101-114, 2004.
-  M. Ramulu, T. Branson, and D. Kim, “A study on the drilling of composite and titanium stacks,” Composite Structures, Vol.54, No.1, pp. 67-77, 2001.
-  R. Li and A. J. Shih, “Tool Temperature in Titanium Drilling,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol.129, No.4, pp. 740-749, 2007.
-  J. S. Agapiou and D. A. Stephenson, “Analytical and Experimental Studies of Drill Temperatures,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, Vol.116 No.1, pp. 54-60, 1994.
-  S. Han, J. T. Lin, Y. Yamada, and D. D. L. Chung, “Enhancing the thermal conductivity and compressive modulus of carbon fiber polymer–matrix composites in the through-thickness direction by nanostructuring the interlaminar interface with carbon black,” Carbon, Vol.46, Issue 7, pp. 1060-1071, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.