Cutting Characteristics in End-Milling of CFRP with Diamond-Coated Herringbone Tool
Tetsuya Tashiro*,†, Junsuke Fujiwara**, and Nao Asahi***
*Department of Mechanical Systems, Osaka Prefecture University College of Technology
26-12 Saiwai-cho, Neyagawa, Osaka 572-8572, Japan
†Corresponding author, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
**YMP-Mundus Corporation, Osaka, Japan
***AVC Networks Company Panasonic Corporation, Osaka, Japan
-  E. Brinksmeier, S. Fangmann, and R. Rentsch, “ Drilling of composites and resulting surface integrity,” CIRP Annals Manufacturing Technology, Vol.60, pp. 57-60, 2011.
-  K. Akai, Y. Kageyama, K, Sato, N. Nishino, and K. Kageyama, “AHP Analysis of the Preference of Engineers for Suitable CFRP for Automovile Parts,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, pp. 222-234, 2015.
-  E. Uhlmann, F.Sammler, S. Richarz, F. Heitmuller, and M. Bilz, “Machining of Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastics,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.24, pp. 19-24, 2014.
-  W. Hintze, D. Hartmann, and C. Schutte, “Occurence and propagation of delamination during the machining of carbon fibre reinforced plastics (CFRPs) – An experimental study,” Composites Science and Technology, Vol.71, pp. 1030-1037, 2011.
-  J. Fujiwara, R. Nagaura, and T. Tashiro, “Drilling of CFRP/Ti6Al4V Stack Board,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, pp. 426-432, 2013.
-  O. Pecat, R. Rentsch, and E. Brinksmeier, “Influence of milling process parameters on the surface integrity of CFRP,” Procedia CIRP, Vol.1, pp. 466-470, 2012.
-  S. Fukami, N. Morita, S. Yamada, and N. Takano, “ Study on high efficiency and highly accurate CFRP processing method,” J. of the Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.56, pp. 545-551, 2012.
-  Hanasaki, J. Fujiwara, and M. Nomura, “Tool Wear Mechanism in Cutting of CFRP,” J. of The Japanese Society of Mechanical Engineering (C), Vol.60, pp. 297-302, 1994.
-  S. Hanasaki, J. Fujiwara, T. Kawai, M. Nomura, and T. Miyamoto, “Study on tool wear mechanism of CFRP cutting II,” J. of The Japanese Society of Mechanical Engineering (C), Vol.71, pp. 719-724, 2005.
-  A. Koplev, A. Lystrup, and T. Vorm, “The cutting process, chips, and cutting forces in machining CFRP,” Composites, Vol.14, pp. 371-376, 1983.
-  T. Higaino, T. Aoyama, and H. Ogawa, “Study on End Milling of CFRP with Coolant and Cemented Carbide End Mill,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.81, pp. 333-338, 2015.
-  T. Kaneeda and M. Takahashi, “CFRP Cutting Mechanism (1st Report) – Surface Generation Mechanism at Very Low Cutting Speeds –,” J. of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.55, pp. 1456-1461, 1989.
-  T. Kaneeda and M. Takahashi, “CFRP Cutting Mechanism (2nd Report) – Analysis of Depth of Reluctant Uncut and Deformed Part –,” Vol.56, pp. 1058-1063, 1990.
-  S. Tamura and T. Matsumura, “Cutting Force Prediction in Drilling of Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, pp. 59-66, 2015.
-  M. Henerichs, T. Voβ, F. Kuster and K. Wegener, “Machining of carbon fiber reinforced plastics: Influence of tool geometry and fiber orientation on the machining forces,” CIRP J. of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol.297, 2014.
-  M. Hagino and T. Inoue, “Effect of Carbon Fiber Orientation and Helix Angle on CFRP Cuttiing Characteristics by End-Milling,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.7, pp. 292-299, 2013.
-  S. Maegawa, Y. Morikawa, S. Hayakawa, F. Itoigawa, and T. Nakamura, “Effect of Fiber Orientation Direction on Tool-Wear Processes in Down-Milling of Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Laminates,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.9, pp. 356-364, 2015.
-  T. Yashiro, T. Ogawa, and H. Sasahara, “Temperature measurement of cutting tool and machined surface layer in milling of CFRP,” Int. J. of Machine Tool & Manufacture, Vol.70, pp. 63-69, 2013.
-  K. Ono, S. Kawamura, M. Kitano and T. Simamune, “Cutting Theory,” Gendaikougakusya, 1979.
-  T. Tashiro, J. Fujiwara, S. Hanasaki, and S. Fujiwara, “Formation mechanism of ground surface of CFRP,” J. of the Japan Society for Abrasive Technology, Vol.49, pp. 99-104, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.