An Exact Method for Robust Capacity Requirements Planning
Daisuke Morita* and Haruhiko Suwa**
2-19-1 Ohmiya, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-8508, Japan
17-8 Ikeda-naka-machi, Neyagawa, Osaka 572-8508, Japan
This paper proposes a robust method of capacity requirements planning (CRP) that can generate a stable load plan against dynamic changes in a manufacturing environment. In our study, robustness refers to the degree of stability in the load plan for the occurrence of unexpected events. The purpose of the proposed method is to determine the processing periods of operation orders with the aim of minimizing the probability that the resource requirement of each operation order will exceed the capacity of corresponding resources. Through numerical experiments, we demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed CRP method in terms of its robustness.
-  M. Sugi, M. Cheng, M. Yamamoto, H. Ito, K. Inoue, and J. Ota, “Online Rescheduling in Semiconductor Manufacturing,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.2, pp.,184–197, 2010.
-  J. Y. Chai, T. Sakaguchi, and K. Shirase, “Dynamic Controls of Genetic Algorithm Scheduling in Supply Chain,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.4, No.2, pp.,169–177, 2010.
-  R. L. Daniels and P. Kouvelis, “Robust Scheduling to Hedge Against Processing Time Uncertainty in Single-stage Production,” Management Science, Vol.41, No.2, pp.,363–376, 1995.
-  A. Kouvelis, R. L. Daniels, and G. Vairaktarakis, “Robust scheduling of a two-machine flow shop with uncertain processing times,” IIE Transactions, Vol.32, pp.,421–432, 2000.
-  V. J. Leon, “Measures and robust scheduling for job shops,” IIE Transactions, Vol.26, No.5, pp.,32–43, 1994.
-  D. Briskorn, J. Leung, and M. Pinedo, “Robust scheduling on a single machine using time buffers,” IIE Transactions, Vol.43, No.6, pp.,383–398, 2011.
-  J. Yang and G. Yu, “On the Robust Single Machine Scheduling Problem,” Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, Vol.6, pp.,17–33, 2002.
-  Y. Tanimizu, K. Amano, and K. Harada, “Multi-Objective Production and Transportation Scheduling Considering Carbon Dioxide Emissions Reductions in Dynamic Supply Chains,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp.,322–330, 2012.
-  D. Morita and H. Suwa, “An Optimization Method for Critical Chain Scheduling Toward Project Greenality,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp.,331–337, 2012.
-  H. Hibino, T. Sakuma, and M. Yamaguchi, “Evaluation System for Energy Consumption and Productivity in Manufacturing System Simulation,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp.,279–288, 2012.
-  H. Narita and H. Fujimoto, “Analysis of Environmental Impact due to Machine Tool Operation,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp.,49–55, 2009.
-  S. Kondoh, N. Mishima, Y. Hotta, K. Watari, T. Kurita and K. Masui, “Total Performance Analysis of Manufacturing Processes,” International Journal of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp.,56–62, 2009.
-  H. Oden, G. Langenwalter and R. Lucier, “Handbook of Material and Capacity Requirements Planning,” McGraw-Hill, New York, 1993. [Wuttipornpun2007] T. Wuttipornpun and P. Yenradee, “A New Approach for a Finite CapacityMaterial Requirement Planning System,” International Journal of Science and Technology, Vol.12, No.2, pp.,28–51, 2007.
-  T. Wuttipornpun and P. Yenradee, “A New Approach for a Finite CapacityMaterial Requirement Planning System,” International Journal of Science and Technology, Vol.12, No.2, pp.,28–51, 2007.
-  W. O. Rom, O. I. Tukel, and J. R. Muscatello, “MRP in a job shop environment using a resource constrained project scheduling model,” Omega, Vol.30, pp.,275–286, 2002.
-  J. C. Wortman, M. J. Euwe, M. Taal, and V. C. S. Wires, “A review of capacity planning technique within standard software packages,” Production Planning & Control, Vol.7, No.2, pp.,117–128, 1996.
-  P. J. Billington, J. O. McClain, and L. J. Thomas, “Mathematical Programming Approaches to Capacity-Constrained MRP Systems: Review, Formulation and Problem Reduction,” Management Science, Vol.29, No.10, pp.,1126–1141, 1983.
-  H. Matsuura and H. Tsubone, “Setting Planned Leadtimes in Capacity Requirements Planning,” The Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.44, No.8, pp.,809–816, 1993.
-  N. A. J. Hastings, P. Marshall, and R. J. Willis, “Schedule Based M.R.P.: An Integrated Approach to Production Scheduling and Material Requirements Planning,” The Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.33, No.11, pp.,1021–1029, 1982.
-  H. Suwa and D. Morita, “A study on stability-directed capacity requirements planning (Application to flexible job shops),” Transactions of the JSME, Vol.80, No.814, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.