Concept of a Focus-Tunable ECF Microlens and Fabrication of a Large Model Prototype
Joon-Wan Kim*, Takashi Yoshimoto*, Shinichi Yokota*,
and Kazuya Edamura**
*Tokyo Institute of Technology, R2-42, 4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
**New Technology Management Co. Ltd., 2-9-1-306 Higashi-Shinkoiwa, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo 124-0023, Japan
-  D. Psaltis, S. R. Quake, and C. Yang, “Developing optofluidic technology through the fusion of microfluidics and optics,” Nature, Vol.442, pp. 381-386, 2006.
-  C. Monat, P. Domachuk, and B. J. Eggleton, “Integrated optofluidics: A new river of light,” Nature Photonics, Vol.1, pp. 106-114, 2007.
-  E. C. Tam, “Smart electro-optical zoom lens,” Optics Letters, Vol.17, pp. 369-372, 1992.
-  H. Ren, Y.-H. Fan, S. Gauza, and S.-T. Wua, “Tunable-focus flat liquid crystal spherical lens,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.84, pp. 4789-4791, 2004.
-  P.M.Moran, S. Dharmatilleke, A. H. Khaw, and K.W. Tan, “Fluidic lenses with variable focal length,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol.88, p. 041120, 2006.
-  W. H. Hsieh and J. H. Chen, “Lens-Proflie control by electrowetting fabrication technique,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol.17, pp. 606-608, 2005.
-  W.-S. Seo, K. Yoshida, S. Yokota, and K. Edamura, “A high performance planar pump using electro-conjugate fluid with improved electrode patterns,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.134, pp. 606-614, 2007.
-  R. Abe, K. Takemura, K. Edamura, and S. Yokota, “Concept of a micro finger using electro-conjugate fluid and fabrication of a large model prototype,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.136, pp. 629-637, 2007.
-  J.-W. Kim, T. Suzuki, S. Yokota, and K. Edamura, “Tube-type micropump by using electro-conjugated fluid (ECF),” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.174, pp. 155-161, 2012.
-  M. Liu, J. Sun, Y. Sun, C. Bock, and Q. Chen, “Thicknessdependent mechanical properties of polydimethylsiloxane membranes,” J. OF Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol.19, p. 035028, 2009.
-  D. A. Chang-Yen, R. K. Eich, and B. K. Gale, “A Monolithic PDMSWaveguide System Fabricated Using Soft-Lithography Techniques,” J. of Lightwave Technology, Vol.23, pp. 2088-2093, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.