A Method of Designing and Fabricating Mckibben Muscles Driven by 7 MPa Hydraulics
Kazuhiro Iwata*, Koichi Suzumori*, and Shuichi Wakimoto**
*Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3-1-1 Tsushima-naka, Kita-ku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
**Research Core for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Okayama University, 3-1-1 Tsushima-naka, Kita-ku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
-  K. Suzumori, “New Actuators and Their Applications – From Nano Actuators to Mega Actuators,” 2004 Int. Symp. on Micronanomechatronics and HUMAN SCIENCE, pp. 15-21, 2004. (in Japanese)
-  T. Higuchi, “Next-Generation Actuators Leading Breakthroughts,” The 1st Int. Symp. on Next-Generation Actuators Leading Breakthroughs, pp. 3-4, 2006.
-  M. Mori, K. Suzumori, M. Takahashi, and T. Hosoya, “Very High Force Hydraulic McKibben Artificial Muscle with a p-Phenylene-2, 6-benzobisoxazole Cord Sleeve,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.24, Nos.1-2, pp. 233-254, 2010.
-  S. Hirose, “Development of X-Screw : A Load-Sensitive Actuator Incorporating a Variable Transmission,” Proc. of the 1999 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics & Automation, pp. 193-199, 1999.
-  Y. Yokokohji, Y. Sato, K. Kawata, K. Shiratsuchi, and temsuk Co.,LTD, “Development of a Teleoperated Heavy-Duty Robot for Assisting Rescue Activities,” 2005 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 2005, ALL-N-010.
-  T. Kitagawa et al., “Structural Study on PBO Fiber,” 14th Annual Meeting, Polymer Processing Society, p. 723, 1998.
-  H. F. Schulte, “The Characteristics of theMcKibben Artificial Muscle,” The Application of External Power in Prosthetics and Orthetics, pp. 94-115, 1961.
-  2005 Festo AG & Co. KG, “catalogue of rubber muscle; MAS series internal diameter 10, 20, 40,” p. 12, p. 14, 2005.
-  C. P. Chou and B. Hannaford, “Measurement and Modeling of McKibben Pneumatic Artificial Muscles,” IEEE Trans Robot Autom, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 90-102, 1996.
-  Y. Shinichi and K. Takehiro, “Flexible Hydraulic Actuator for Space Manipulators,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Mechanical sysytem, machine elements and manufacturing, Vol.37-C, No.1, pp. 179-184, March 15, 1994.
-  S. Yokota and T. Komatsu, “A Study on a Flexible Hydraulic Actuator for Space Manipulators,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers Series C, Vol.57, No.542, pp. 3222-3227, 1991.
-  T. Hongu, “High-Tech Fibers,” Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun Ltd., pp. 66-127, 1999. (in Japanese)
-  TOYOBO CO.,LTD., “PBO FIBER ZYLON® Technical Information,” (Revised 2001.9)
-  K. Yabuki, “Development of Dyneema® and Zyron® and their use,” Vol.53, No.4, p. 22, 2000. (in Japanese)
-  S.Wakimoto, I. Kumagai, and K. Suzumori, “Development of large Intestine Endoscope Changing Its Stiffness,” 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Biomimetics, pp. 2320-2325, Dec. 2009.
-  K. Iwata and K. Suzumori, “Development of high hydraulic pressure McKibben artificial muscle and its application to light spreader,” ROBOMEC 2009, 2P1-A17, 2009. (in Japanese)
-  K. Iwata, K. Suzumori, and S. Wakimoto, “Combination of extending/contracting artificial muscles realizing power soft mechanisms,” The 4th Int. Conf. on Manufacturing, Machine Design and Tribology, D1-03, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.