Hybrid Control for Machine Tool Table Applying Sensorless Cutting Force Monitoring
Masaya Takei*, Daisuke Kurihara**, Seiichiro Katsura**,
and Yasuhiro Kakinuma**
*School of Integrated Design Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-8522, Japan
**Department of System Design Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University
-  G. Byrne, D. Dornfeld, I. Inasaki, G. Ketteler, W. Konig, and R. Teti, “Tool Condition Monitoring – the Status of Research and Industrial Application,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.44, No.2, pp. 541-567, 1995.
-  Y. Altintus, “Prediction of Cutting Forces and Tool Breakage in Milling from Feed Drive Current Measurements,” Trans. of ASME, 114, pp. 386-394, 1992.
-  J.-M. Lee, D.-K. Choi et al., “Real-Time Tool Breakage Monitoring for NC Milling Process,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.44, No.1, pp. 59-62, 1995.
-  H. Shinno, H. Hashizume, and H. Yoshioka, “Sensor-less Monitoring of Cutting Force During Ultraprecision Machining,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.52, No.1, pp. 303-306, 2003.
-  A. Verl and U. Heisel, “Sensorless Automated Condition Monitoring for the Control of the Predictive Maintenance of Machine Tools,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.58, No.1, pp. 375-378, 2009.
-  S. Ibaraki, A. Matsubara, and M. Murozumi, “Efficiency Comparison of Cutting Strategies for End Milling Processes Under Feedrate Scheduling,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.2, No.5, pp. 377-383, 2008.
-  D. Kurihara, Y. Kakinuma, and S. Katsura, “Sensorless Cutting Force Monitoring using Parallel Disturbance Observer,” Int. J. of Automation Technology, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 415-421, 2009.
-  K. Ohnishi, “Disturbance Observation-Cancellation Technique,” IEEE the Industrial Electronics Handbook #33, pp. 524-528, 1997.
-  Z. Jamaludin, H. Van Brussel et al., “Accurate Motion Control of XY High-Speed Linear Drives Using Friction Model Feedforward and Cutting Force Estimation,” Annals of the CIRP, Vol.57, No.1, pp. 403-406, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.