A Knowledge-Based Model for Capturing and Managing the Knowledge of CNC Operators for Integrating CAM-CNC Operation
Wikan Sakarinto*, Hiroshi Narazaki**, and Keiichi Shirase*
*Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Kobe University, 1-1 Rokko-dai, Nada, Kobe, Hyogo 657-8501, Japan
**Production Systems Laboratory, Kobe Steel, Ltd., 5-5 Takatsukadai 1-chome, Nishi-ku, Kobe, Hyogo 651-2271, Japan
-  N. Moran, “Knowledge is the Key,Whatever Your Sector,” UK: The Financial Time Limited, 1999.
-  H. F. Wang and Y. L. Zhang, “CAD/CAM, Integrated system in collaborative development environment,” Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing 18 (2002), pp. 135-145, 2001.
-  W. Sakarinto, H. Narazaki, and K. Shirashe, “A Knowledge-Based Product Model Data for Integrating CAMCNC Operation,” Proc. of The 5th Int. Conf. on Leading Edge Manufacturing in 21st Century (LEM21 2009 Osaka), 2009.
-  W. Sakarinto, H. Narazaki, and K. Shirashe, “A Method for Capturing The Knowledge of CNC Operator for Integrating CAM-CNC Operation,” Proc. of 2010 Int. Symposium on Flexible Automation (2010 ISFA Tokyo-Japan), 2010.
-  Y. Koren, “Computer Control of Manufacturing Systems,” McGraw-Hill, New York, 1983.
-  S. C. Park, “Knowledge Capturing Methodology in Process Planning,” Computer-Aided Design, Vol.35, Issue 12, pp. 1109-1117, 2003.
-  B. J. Hicks, S. J. Culley, R. D. Allen, and G. Mullineux, “A Framework for the Requirements of Capturing, Storing and Reusing Information and Knowledge in Engineering Design,” Int. J. of Information Management 22, pp. 263-280, 2002.
-  B. Ramesh and A. Tiwana, “Supporting Collaborative Process Knowledge Management in New Product Development Teams,” Decision Support Systems 27, pp. 213-235, 1999.
-  P. Brezillon, “Context in Problem Solving: a Survey,” The Knowledge Engineering Review, Vol.14, pp. 1-34, 1999.
-  M. R. S. Borges, J. A. Pino, and R. M. Araujo, “Common Context for Decisions and Their Implementations,” Group Decision and Negotiation, Vol.15, pp. 221-242, 2006.
-  A. Abecker, A. Bernardi, K. Hinkelmann, O. Kuhn, and M. Sintek, “Context-Aware, Proactive Delivery of Task-Specific Information: The KnowMore Project,” J. of Information System Frontiers, Vol.2, Issue 3-4, 2000.
-  J. V. D. Bussche and A. Heuer, “Using SQL with Object-Oriented Database,” Information Systems, Vol.18, Issue 7, pp. 461-487, 1993.
-  J. A. Hoffer, M. B. Prescott, and F. R. McFadden, “Modern Database Management,” Pearson-Prentice Hall, 2005.
-  G. Schreiber, H. Akkermans, A. Anjewierden, R. D. Hoog, N. Shadbolt, W. V. D. Velde, and B. Wielinga, “Knowledge Engineering and Management: The CommonKADS Methodology,” A Bradford Book, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London, England, 2000.
-  D. N. Dormaz and B. Khoshnevis, “Process Planning Knowledge Representation an Object-Oriented Data Model,” Int. J. of Computer in Manufacturing 1997, 10(1-4), pp. 92-104, 1997.
-  L. T. Wilson and C. A. Snyder, “Knowledge Management and IT: How are They Related?,” IT Pro, pp. 73-75, 1999.
-  F. Kimura, H. Ariyoshi, H. Ishikawa, Y. Naruko, and H. Yamato, “Capturing Expert Knowledge for Supporting Design and Manufacturing of Injection Molds,” CIRP Annals – Manufacturiing Technology, Vol.53, Issue 1, pp. 147-150, 2004.
-  T. Rochim, “Klasifikasi, Proses, Gaya & Daya Pemesinan,” Penerbit ITB, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.