Fundamental Study on Road Detection Method Using Multi-Layered Distance Data with HOG and SVM
Keisuke Kazama, Yasuhiro Akagi, Pongsathorn Raksincharoensak, and Hiroshi Mouri
Mechanical Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
2-24-16 Naka-cho, Kognei-shi, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
-  D. Zhang, R. Kurazume, Y. Iwashita, and T. Hasegawa, “Robust Global Localization Using Laser Reflectivity,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.25, No.1, pp. 38-52, 2013.
-  T. Suzuki, Y. Amano, and T. Hashizume, “6-DOF localization for a mobile robot using outdoor 3D point clouds,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 158-166, 2010.
-  K. Ishikawa, Y. Amano, and T. Hashizume et al., “A Mobile Mapping System for Precise Road Line Localization Using a Single Camera and 3D Road Model,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 174-180, 2007.
-  K. Okawa, “Three Tiered Self-Localization of Two Position Estimation Using Three Dimensional Environment Map and Gyro-Odometry,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 196-203, 2014.
-  K. Yoneda, S. Mita, Y. Chenxi, H. D. Quoc, T. Hossein, and K. Muto, “Virtual Automated Vehicle System for Urban Driving Experiment,” Proc. of JSME TRANSLOG2014, pp. 289-292, 2014.
-  K. Yoneda, H. Tehrani, T. Ogawa, N. Hukuyama, and S. Mita, “Laser Scan Feature for Localization with Highly Precise 3-D Map,” Proc. of 2014 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 1345-1350, 2014.
-  K. Hara and H. Saito, “Vehicle Localization Based on the Detection of Line Segments from Multi-Camera Images,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.27, No.6, pp. 617-626, 2015.
-  J. Eguchi and K. Ozaki, “Development of Method Using a Combination of DGPS and Scan Matching for the Making of Occupancy Grid Maps for Localization,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 506-514, 2013.
-  T. Ogino, M. Tomono, T. Akimoto, and A. Matsumoto, “Human Following by an Omnidirectional Mobile Robot Using Maps Built from Laser Range-Finder Measurement,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.1, pp. 28-35, 2010.
-  K. Saneyoshi, “Drive Assist System of a Car by means of Stereo Vision,” Technical report of IEICE. PRMU, Vol.2013-CVIM-185, No.20, pp. 129-134, 2013.
-  H. Date, M. Ohkawa, Y. Takita, and J. Kikuchi, “High Precision Localization of Mobile Robot Using LIDAR Intensity of Surface,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.79, No.806, pp. 3389-3398, 2013.
-  M. Omae and T. Fujioka, “Differential GPS-Based Position Measurement and Steering Control for Automatic Driving,” J. of JSME, Vol.65, No.634, pp. 211-218, 1999.
-  N. Yamaguchi, N. Tamori, and A. Shiomi, “A Lane Detection Method Using Adaptive Edge Preservative Smoothing,” The Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers D-II, Vol.J88-D-II, No.8, pp. 1421-1431, 2005.
-  M. Muramatsu, T. Kawata, and F. Kubo, “Traffic Lane Recognition by Image Segmentation and Object Recognition based on Rules,” Technical report of IEICE, PRMU, Vol.98, No.334, pp. 1-8, 1998.
-  Y. Haramiishi, K. Kazama, T. Hioki, H. Furusho, and H. Mouri, “Study on the Edge Detection Algorithm Using Brightness Gradient Vector Applied to the Forward Road Image of the Vehicle,” Trans. of the Society of Automative Engineers of Japan, Vol.45, No.5, pp. 865-870, 2014.
-  N. Suganuma, Y. Hayashi, and D. Nagata, “Path planning for intersection driving by autonomous vehicle,” Proc. of JSME TRANSLOG2014, pp. 293-296, 2014.
-  N. Suganuma, “Trend and Example of Autonomous Vehicle,” The J. of the Institute of Electronics, Information, and Communication Engineers, Vol.98, No.1, pp. 48-53, 2015.
-  T. Uozumi and N. Suganuma, “A Study of Precise Ego-Position of Autonomous Movement of Vehicle Using Map Matching Algorithm – First Report, Creating Lane Marking Maps Using Laser Range Finder –,” Proc. of the 2010 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, pp. 1P1-B11(1)-(4), 2010.
-  K. Higuchi, M. Hebert, and K. Ikeuchi, “Building 3-D models from unregistered range images,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA’94), pp. 2248-2253, 1994.
-  M. D. Wheeler, Y. Saito, and K. Ikeuchi, “Consensus surfaces for modeling 3D objects from multiple range images,” 6th Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 917-924, 1998.
-  K. Ikeuchi, “Modeling from Reality,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 763-766, 1998.
-  K. Nishi and K. Ikeuchi, “Robust Simultaneous Registration of Multiple Range Images Comprising a Large Number of Points,” Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers D-II, Vol.J85-D-II, No.9, pp. 1413-1424, 2002.
-  N. Dalal and B. Triggs, “Histograms of Oriented Gradients for Human Detections,” IEEE Computer Society Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2005 (CVPR 2005), Vol.1, pp. 886-893, 2005.
-  V. N. Vapnik, “The nature of statistical learning theory,” Springer, 1995.
-  H. A. Suturges, “The Choice of a Class Interval,” J. of the American Statistical Association, Vol.21, No.153, pp. 65-66, 1926.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.