Scalable Component-Based Manzai Robots as Automated Funny Content Generators
Tomohiro Umetani*, Satoshi Aoki*, Kazuhiro Akiyama*, Ryo Mashimo**, Tatsuya Kitamura*, and Akiyo Nadamoto*
*Department of Intelligence and Informatics, Konan University
8-9-1 Okamoto, Higashinada, Kobe, Hyogo 658-8501, Japan
**Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
8916-5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 658-0072, Japan
-  H. Yamamoto, H. Miyazaki, T. Tsuzuki, and Y. Kojima, “A Spoken Dialogue Robot Named Wonder, to Aid Senior Citizens Who Living Alone with Communication,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 54-59, 2002.
-  M. Kanoh, Y. Oida, Y. Nomura, A. Araki, Y. Konagaya, K. Ihara, T. Shimizu, and K. Kimura, “Examination of Practicability of Communication Robot-Assisted Activity Program for Elderly People,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.23, No.1, pp. 3-12, 2011.
-  T. Kanda, H. Ishiguro, T. Ono, M. Imai, and R. Nakatsu, “Effects of Observation of Robot-Robot Communication on Human-Robot Communication,” IEICE Trans. on Information Systems (Japanese Edition), Vol.J-85-D-I, No.7, pp. 691-700, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  T. Umetani, R. Mashimo, A. Nadamoto, T. Kitamura, and H. Nakayama, “Manzai Robots: Entertainment Robots based on Auto-created Manzai Scripts from Web News Articles,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 662-664, 2014.
-  S. Aoki, K. Akiyama, K. Takahashi, R. Mashimo, T. Umetani, T. Kitamura, and A. Nadamoto, “Small Manzai Robot System using Raspberry Pi Controllers,” Proc. 2015 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1A1-J01, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  T. Umetani, S. Aoki, K. Akiyama, R. Mashimo, T. Kitamura, and A. Nadamoto, “Manzai Robot System with Scalability based on Distributed Software Components,” Proc. of the 26th 2015 Int. Symposium on Micro-Nano Mechatronics and Human Science, pp. 139-142, 2015.
-  K. Hayashi, T. Kanda, T. Miyashita, H. Ishiguro, and N. Hagita, “ROBOT MANZAI: Robot conversation as a passive-social medium,” Int. J. of Humanoid Robotics, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 67-86, 2008.
-  Y. Yoshida and M. Hagiwara, “An Automatic Manzai-dialogue Creating System,” Trans. of Japan Society of Kansei Engineering, Vol.11, No.2, pp. 265-272, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  T. Takegoshi and M. Hagiwara, “An Automatic Robot Manzai Generation System – A Study on the Effect of Motion in Manzai,” Trans. of Japan Society of Kansei Engineering, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 47-54, 2016 (in Japanese).
-  R. Mashimo, T. Umetani, T. Kitamura, and A. Nadamoto, “Human-Robots Implicit Communication based on Dialogue between Robots using Automatic Generation of Funny Scenarios from Web,” Proc. of 2016 ACM/IEEE Int. Conf. on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI 2016), pp. 327-334, 2016.
-  N. Ando, T. Suehiro, K. Kitagaki, T. Kotoku, and W. K. Yoon, “RT-Middleware: Distributed Component Middleware for RT (Robot Technology),” Proc. of 2005 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3555-3560, 2005.
-  R. Mashimo, T. Umetani, T. Kitamura, and A. Nadamoto, “Generating Funny Dialogue between Robots based on Japanese Traditional Comedy Entertainment,” Proc. of the 2014 Conf. on Interactive Entertainment, pp. 1-7, 2014.
-  A. Nadamoto and K. Tanaka, “Complementing Your TV-Viewing by Web Content Automatically-Transformed into TV-program-type Content,” Proc. of the 13th Annual ACM Int. Conf. on Multimedia (ACM Multimedia 2005), pp. 41-50, 2005.
-  A. Nadamoto, M. Hayashi, and K. Tanaka, “Web2Talkshow: Transforming Web Content into TV-Program-Like Content based on Automatic Transformation of Dialog,” Proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. on Research, Innovation and Vision for the Future (RIVF ’07), pp. 1-6, 2007.
-  I. Kitagaki, T. Machino, A. Nakayama, S. Iwaki, and M. Okudaira, “Development of Motion Data Description Language for Robots Based on eXtensible Markup Language – Realization of Better Understanding and Communication via Networks,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 471-478, 2002.
-  H. Tezuka, N. Katafuchi, Y. Nakamura, T. Machino, Y. Nanjo, S. Iwaki, and K. Shimokura, “Robot Platform Architecture for Information Sharing and Collaboration Among Multiple Networked Robots,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 325-332, 2006.
-  T. Umetani, K. Takahashi, T. Kitamura, R. Mashimo, and A. Nadamoto, “Small-size Manzai Robots using Distributed Software Components,” Proc. 2014 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 3A1-T02, 2014 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.