A Wearable Encounter-Type Haptic Device Suitable for Combination with Visual Display
Shunsuke Komizunai, Keisuke Nishizaki, Kyohei Wada, Takuya Kijima, and Atsushi Konno
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University
Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0814, Japan
-  O. Hilliges, D. Kim, S. Izadi, M. Weiss, and A. D.Wilson, “HoloDesk: Direct 3D Interactions with a Situated See-Through Display,” Proc. of the SIGCHI Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 2421-2430, 2012.
-  J. Lee, A. Olwal, H. Ishii, and C. Boulanger, “SpaceTop: integrating 2D and spatial 3D interactions in a see-through desktop environment,” Proc. of the SIGCHI Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp. 189-192, 2013.
-  T. Yoshida, K. Shimizu, T. Kurogi, S. Kamuro, and K. Minamizawa, “RePro3D: Full-parallax 3D Display with Haptic Feedback using Retro-reflective Projection Technology,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Symp. on VR Innovation, pp. 49-54, 2011.
-  S. Inoue, K. J. Kobayashi-Kirschvink, Y. Monnai, K. Hasegawa, Y. Makino, and H. Shinoda, “HORN: The hapt-optic reconstruction,” Proc. of the ACM SIGGRAPH 2014 Emerging Technologies, 2014.
-  C. R. Wagner, D. P. Perrin, R. L. Feller, R. D. Howe, O. Clatz, H. Delingette, and N. Ayache, “Integrating Tactile and Force Feedback with Finite Element Models,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3942-3947, 2005.
-  T. Hoshi, “Noncontact Tactile Display Using Airborne Ultrasound,” Proc. of the 21st Int. Display Workshops, pp. 1529-1532, 2014.
-  T. Hoshi, M. Takahashi, T. Iwamoto, and H. Shinoda, “Noncontact Tactile Display Based on Radiation Pressure of Airborne Ultrasound,” IEEE Trans. on Haptics, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 155-165, 2010.
-  R. Sodhi, I. Poupyrev, M. Glisson, and A. Israr, “AIREAL: Interactive Tactile Experiences in Free Air,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.32, Iss. 4, Article No.134, July 2013.
-  H. Iwata, T. Nakagawa, and T. Nakashima, “Force Display for Presentation of Rigidity of Virtual Objects,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 39-42, 1992.
-  T. Kitada, Y. Kunii, and H. Hashimoto, “20 DOF Five Fingered Glove Type Haptic Interface – Sensor Glove II –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 171-176, 1997.
-  S. Nakagawara, H. Kajimoto, I. Kawabuchi, and S. Tachi, “An encounter-type multi-fingered master hand using circuitous joints,” Proc. of the 2005 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2678-2683, 2005.
-  M. Bouzit, G. Burdea, G. Popescu, and R. Boian, “The rutgers master II-new design force-feedback glove,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 256-263, 2002.
-  F. Hara and R. Pfeifer, “Morpho-functional machines: the new species,” Springer Japan, pp. 149-150, 2003.
-  K. Nishizaki, K. Sato, S. Komizunai, and A. Konno, “A Glove Type Haptic Device Suitable for Combination with Visual Display,” Proc. of the 2015 JSME Conf. on Robotics and Mechatronics, 1P1-V06, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  T. Maeno and T. Hino, “Miniature Five-Fingered Robot Hand Driven by Shape Memory Alloy Actuator,” Proc. of the 12th IASTED Int. Conf. on Robotics and Applications, pp. 174-179, 2006.
-  D. Reynaerts and H. V. Brussel, “A SMA High Performance Actuator for Robot Hands,” J. de Physique IV, Vol.1, No.C4, pp. 157-162, 1991.
-  M. C. Yip and G. Niemeyer, “High-performance robotic muscles from conductive nylon sewing thread,” Proc. of the 2015 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2313-2318, 2015.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.