Pneumatically Driven Multi-DOF Surgical Forceps Manipulator with a Bending Joint Mechanism Using Elastic Bodies
Kyouhei Takikawa*, Ryoken Miyazaki*, Takahiro Kanno*, Gen Endo**, and Kenji Kawashima*
*Tokyo Medical and Dental University
2-3-10 Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0062, Japan
**Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
-  R. Berguer, D. L. Forkey, and W. D. Smith, “Ergonomic problems associated with laparoscopic surgery,” Surgical Endoscopy, Vol.13, Issue 5, pp. 466-468, May 1999.
-  A. G. Gallagher, N. McClure, J. McGuigan, K. Ritchie, and N. P. Sheehy, “An Ergonomic Analysis of the Fulcrum Effect in the Acquisition of Endoscopic Skills,” Endoscopy, Vol.30, No.7, pp. 617-620, Sep. 1998.
-  R. A. Beasley, “Medical Robots: Current Systems and Research Directions,” J. of Robotics, Article ID 401613, 2012.
-  R. H. Taylor and D. Stioianovici, “Medical Robotics in Computer-Integrated Surgery,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.19, No.5, pp. 765-780, 2003.
-  J. Rosen, B. Hannaford, and R. M. Satava, “Surgical Robotics Systems Application and Visions,” Springer, 2011.
-  M. Kitagawa, A. M. Okamura, B. T. Bethea, V. L. Gott, and W. A. Baumgartner, “Analysis of structure manipulation forces for teleoperation with force feedback,” MICCAI 2002, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.2488, pp. 155-162, 2002.
-  C. R. Wagner, R. D. Howe, and N. Stylopoulos, “The role of force feedback in surgery: analysis of blunt dissection,” Proc. 10th Symposium on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environment and Teleoperator Systems (HAPTICS 2002), 2002.
-  K. Tadano and K. Kawashima, “Development of a Master Slave System with Force-Sensing Abilities Using Pneumatic Actuators for Laparoscopic Surgery,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.24, No.12, pp. 1763-1783, 2010.
-  K. Tadano, K. Kawashima, K. Kojima, and N. Tanaka, “Development of a pneumatic surgical manipulator ibis iv,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 179-188, 2010.
-  D. Haraguchi, T. Kanno, K. Tadano, and K. Kawashima, “A Pneumatically-Driven Surgical Manipulator with a Flexible Distal Joint Capable of Force Sensing,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.20, No.6, pp. 2950-2961, 2015.
-  T. Frede et al., “The Radius Surgical System – A New Device for Complex Minimally Invasive Procedures in Urology,” Lapaproscopy, Vol.51, pp. 1015-1022, 2007.
-  T. Takayama and S. Hirose, “Development of Souryu I & II – Connected Crawler Vehicle for Inspection of Narrow and Winding Space,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 61-69, 2003.
-  J. Guna, G. Jakus, M. Pogacnik, S. Tomazic, and J. Sodnik, “An Analysis of the Precision and Reliability of the Leap Motion Sensor and Its Suitability for static and Dynamic Tracking,” Sensors, Vol.14, pp. 3702-3720, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.