Recognition Method Applied to Smart Dump 9 Using Multi-Beam 3D LiDAR for the Tsukuba Challenge
Yoshihiro Takita*, Shinya Ohkawa*, and Hisashi Date**
*Department of Computer Science, National Defense Academy of Japan
1-10-20 Hashirimizu, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 239-8686, Japan
**Faculty of Engineering, Information and Systems, University of Tsukuba
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577, Japan
-  K. Yamauchi, N. Akai, R. Unai, K. Inoue, and K. Ozaki, “Person Detection Method Based on Color Layout in Real World Robot Challenge 2013,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 151-157, 2014.
-  K. Yamaguchi, N. Akai, and K. Ozaki, “Color Extraction Using Multiple Photographs Taken with Different Exposure Time in RWRC,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 158-165, 2014.
-  J. Eeguchi and K. Ozaki, “Development of the Autonomous Mobile Robot for Target-Searching in Urban Areas in the Tsukuba Challenge 2013,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 166-176, 2014.
-  S. A. Rahok, H. Oneda, A. Tanaka, and K. Ozaki, “A Robust Navigation Method for Mobile Robots in Real-World Environment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 177-184, 2014.
-  H. Date and Y. Takita, “Real World Experiments of Autonomous Mobile Robot Smart Dump – Influence and Countermeasure of Human Crowd Behavior in a Pedestrian Environment –,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 305-313, 2012.
-  M. Saito, K. Kiuchi, S. Shogo, T. Yokota, Y. Fujino, T. Saito, and Y. Kuroda, “Pre-Driving Needless System for Autonomous Mobile Robots Navigation in Real World Robot Challenge 2013,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 185-195, 2014.
-  K. Okawa, “Three Tiered Self-Localization of Two Position Estimation Using Three Dimensional Environment Map and Gyro-Odometry,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 196-203, 2014.
-  S. Muramatsu, T. Tomizawa, S. Kudoh, and T. Suehiro, “Development of Intelligent Mobile Cart in a Crowded Environment – Robust Localization Technique with Unknown Objects –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 204-213, 2014.
-  T. Suzuki, M. Kitamura, Y. Amano, and N. Kubo, “Autonomous Navigation of a Mobile Robot Based on GNSS/DR Integration in Outdoor Environments,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 214-224, 2014.
-  T. Shioya, K. Kogure, and N. Ohta, “Minimal Autonomous Mover – MG-11 for Tsukuba Challenge –,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 225-235, 2014.
-  M. Yokozuka and O. Matsumoto, “A Reasonable Path Planning via Path Energy Minimization,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 236-224, 2014.
-  F. Moosmann and C. Stiller, “Joint Self-Localization and Tracking of Generic Objects in 3D Range Data,” Proc. of 2013 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1138-1144, 2014.
-  Y. Takita and H. Date, “Actualized Autonomous Functions by Smart Dump 3,” J. of the Society Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.49, No.9, pp. 636-636, 2010.
-  J. Kikuchi, H. Date, S. Ohkawa, V. Lbt, and Y. Taktia, “Hierarchical approach using camera and LIDAR for searching people by autonomous mobile robot,” System Integration 2013, 1A2-2, 2013.
-  Y. Takita, “High-speed Driving of a Lateral Guided Vehicle with Sensor Steering Mechanism,” Trans. of The Japan Society of Mechanical En-ginners, Series C, Vol.65, No.630, pp. 622-629, 1999.
-  Y. Takita, “Drift Turning of Lateral Guided Vehicle with Sensor Steering Mechanism (application of a Variable Kinetic Friction Model),” Trans. of The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.68, No.675, pp. 3170-3177, 2002.
-  H. Date, S. Ohkawa, Y. Takita, and J. Kikuchi, “High Precision Localization of Mobile Robot Using LIDAR Intensity of Surface,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series C, Vol.79, No.806, pp. 3389-3398, 2013.
-  K. Kobayashi, H. Date, S. Ohkawa, and Y. Takita, “Detection and tracking of moving objects in the promenade,” 20th Robotics Symposia, 6B4, pp. 546-551, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  S. Ohkawa, Y. Takita, H. Date, and K. Kobayashi, “Development of Autonomous Mobile Robot Using Articulated Steering Vehicle and Lateral Guiding Method,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.27, No.4, pp. 337-345, 2015.
-  B. E. Boser, I. Guyon, and V. Vanik, “A Training algorithm for optimal margin classifiers,” Proc. of the Fifth Annual Workshop on Computational Learning Theory, pp. 144-152, 1992.
-  C. Cortes and V. Vapnik, “Support-Vector Networks,” Machine Learning, Vol.20, pp. 273-297, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.