Development of Autonomous Mobile Robot that Can Navigate in Rainy Situations
Naoki Akai*, Yasunari Kakigi**, Shogo Yoneyama**, and Koichi Ozaki**
*Institutes of Innovation for Future Society, Nagoya University
Furo, Chikusa, Nagoya, Aichi 321-8585, Japan
**Graduate School of Engineering, Utsunomiya University
7-1-2 Yoto, Utsunomiya, Tochigi 321-8585, Japan
-  S. Yuta et al., “Open experiment of autonomous navigation of mobile robots in the city: Tsukuba Challenge 2014 and the results,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.27, No.4, pp. 318-326, 2015.
-  N. Akai et al., “Autonomous navigation based on magnetic and geometric landmarks on environmental structure in real world,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 158-165, 2014.
-  N. Akai et al., “Development of mobile robot ‘SARA’ that completed mission in real world robot challenge 2014,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.27, No.4, pp. 327-336, 2015.
-  K. Kaneko et al., “Humanoid robot HRP-3,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Con. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2471-2478, 2008.
-  K. Tanigaki et al., “Cherry-harvesting robot,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Vol.63, No.1, pp. 65-72, 2008.
-  G. Freitas et al., “Kinematic reconfigurability control for an environmental mobile robot operating in the Amazon rain forest,” J. of Field Robotics, Vol.27, No.2, pp. 197-216, 2010.
-  A. Yamashita et al., “A virtual wiper – Restoration of deteriorated images by using a pan-tilt camera –,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4724-4729, 2004.
-  T. Fujisawa et al., “Correction methods for underwater scan data measured by general-purpose laser range finders,” Trans. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.81, No.831, p. 15-00412, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  R. P. Gorman et al., “Analysis of hidden units in a layered network trained to classify sonar targets,” Neural Networks, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 75-89, 2002.
-  T. Suzuki et al., “Autonomous navigation of a mobile robot based on GNSS/DR integration in outdoor environments,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.26, No.2, pp. 214-224, 2014.
-  K. Irie et al., “Outdoor localization using stereo vision under various illumination conditions,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.26, No.3-4, pp. 327-348, 2012.
-  J. Biswas et al., “Depth camera based indoor mobile robot localization and navigation,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1697-1702, 2012.
-  T. Yoshida et al., “A sensor platform for outdoor navigation using gyro-assisted odometry and roundly-swinging 3D laser scanner,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1414-1420, 2010.
-  S. A. Rahok et al., “Navigation using an environmental magnetic field for outdoor autonomous mobile robots,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.26, No.3-4, pp. 1751-1771, 2011.
-  J. Biswas et al., “Wifi localization and navigation for autonomous indoor mobile robots,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 4379-4384, 2010.
-  D. Dong et al., “Anatomy of apparent seasonal variations from GPS-derived site position time series,” J. of Geophysical Research, Vol.107, No.B4, 2002.
-  V. Courtillot et al., “Are there connections between the Earth’s magnetic field and climate?” Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Vol.253, No.3-4, pp. 328-339, 2007.
-  K. Yamazaki et al., “Analysis of magnetic disturbance due to buildings,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics. Vol.25, pp. 4006-4008, 1989.
-  W. Kwon et al., “Particle filter-based heading estimation using magnetic compasses for mobile robot navigation,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 2705-2712, 2006.
-  F. Dellaert et al., “Monte Carlo localization for mobile robots,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp. 1322-1328, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.