Metrics Generation Process for Mechatronics
Aude Warniez*, Olivia Penas*, Jean-Yves Choley*, and Peter Hehenberger**
3 rue Fernand Hainaut, 93400 Saint Ouen, France
**Institute of Mechatronic Design and Production, Johannes Kepler University of Linz
Altenbergerstraße 69, 4040 Linz, Austria
-  L. Xijuan, W. Yinglin, and J. Shouwei, “A metrics based task analysis model for design review planning,” Des. Stud., Vol.24, No.4, pp. 375-390, 2003.
-  L. Briand, S. Morasca, and V. R. Basili, “A goal-driven definition process for product metrics based on properties,” 1998.
-  L. Briand, S. Morasca, and V. R. Basili, “Defining and Validating High-Level Design Metrics,” University of Maryland, Technical Report, 1994.
-  D. C. Ince and M. J. Sheppard, “System design metrics: a review and perspective,” Software Engineering, pp. 23-27, Liverpool, 1988.
-  G. Poels and G. Dedene, “DISTANCE: a framework for software measure construction,” DTEW Res. Rep., Vol.9937, pp. 1-47, 1999.
-  C. Jones, “Applied Software Measurement: Global Analysis of Productivity and Quality,” McGraw Hill Professional, 2008.
-  J. E. Kasser and R. Schermerhorn, “Determining metrics for systems engineering,” Proc. of the 4th Int. Symposium of the NCOSE, 1994.
-  D. A. McAdams and K. L. Wood, “A Quantitative Similarity Metric for Design-by-Analogy,” J. Mech. Des., Vol.124, No.2, pp. 173-182, 2002.
-  S. Fenstermaker, D. George, A. B. Kahng, S. Mantik, and B. Thielges, “METRICS: a system architecture for design process optimization,” Proc. of the 37th Annual Design Automation Conf., pp. 705-710, 2000.
-  C. D. Ittner, D. F. Larcker, and M. W. Meyer, “Subjectivity and the Weighting of Performance Measures: Evidence from a Balanced Scorecard,” Social Science Research Network, Rochester, NY, SSRN Scholarly Paper ID 395241, 2003.
-  A. Neely, J. Mills, K. Platts, H. Richards, M. Gregory, M. Bourne, and M. Kennerley, “Performance measurement system design: developing and testing a process-based approach,” Int. J. Oper. Prod. Manag., Vol.20, No.10, pp. 1119-1145, 2000.
-  V. Cete, P. Bourque, S. Oligny, and N. Rivard, “Software metrics: An overview of recent results,” J. Syst. Softw., Vol.8, No.2, pp. 121-131, 1988.
-  A. Warniez, O. Penas, and T. Soriano, “About metrics for integrated mechatronic system design,” REM-Mecatronics, Saint Ouen, France, pp. 450-457, 2012.
-  P. Hehenberger and K. Zeman, “Evaluation of Modular Design Concepts of Complex Mechatronic Systems,” 31st Design Automation Conf., Vol.2, Parts A and B, pp. 101-108, 2005.
-  B. Heinrich, M. Kaiser, and M. Klier, “How to measure data quality? A metric-based approach,” 2007.
-  S. H. Kan, “Software quality metrics overview,” Metr. Models Softw. Qual. Eng., 2002.
-  M. Bourne, A. Neely, J. Mills, and K. Platts, “Implementing performance measurement systems: a literature review,” Int. J. Bus. Perform. Manag., Vol.5, No.1, pp. 1, 2003.
-  S. S. Nudurupati, U. S. Bititci, V. Kumar, and F. T. S. Chan, “State of the Art Literature Review on Performance Measurement,” Comput. Ind. Eng., Vol.60, No.2, pp. 279-290, 2011.
-  M. de Haas and A. Kleingeld, “Multilevel design of performance measurement systems: enhancing strategic dialogue throughout the organization,” Manag. Account. Res., Vol.10, No.3, pp. 233-261, 1999.
-  P. Hehenberger, “Advances in Model-Based Mechatronic Design,” Linz: Trauner Verlag, 2012.
-  M. Hammadi, A. Kellner, J. Y. Choley, and P. Hehenberger, “Mechatronic design optimization using multi-agent approach,” The 14th Mechatronics Forum Int. Conf., Karlstad, Sweden, pp. 310-317, 2014.
-  J. Gausemeier, W. Schefer, J. Greenyer, S. Kahl, S. Pook, and J. Rieke, “Management of Cross-Domain Model Consistency during the Development of Advanced Mechatronic Systems,” ICED 09, Design Methods and Tools (Pt.2), Vol.6, pp. 1-12, 2009.
-  C. Zheng, M. Bricogne, J. Duigou, and B. Eynard, “Survey on Mechatronic Engineering: A Focus on Design Methods and Product Models,” Adv. Eng. Inform., 2014.
-  I. Horveth, “Beyond advanced mechatronics: new design challenges of Social-Cyber-Physical systems,” 2012.
-  M. Tomizuka, “Mechatronics: from the 20th to 21st century,” Control Eng. Pract., Vol.10, No.8, pp. 877-886, 2002.
-  R. Isermann, “Mechatronic systems-Innovative products with embedded control,” Control Eng. Pract., Vol.16, No.1, pp. 14-29, 2007.
-  K. Craig, “Mechatronic system design,” Proc. of the Motor, Drive & Automation Systems Conf., 2009.
-  K. Heltte-Otto, N. A. Chiriac, D. Lysy, and E. Suk Suh, “Comparative analysis of coupling modularity metrics,” J. Eng. Des., Vol.23, No.1011, pp. 790-806, 2012.
-  K. Ulrich and S. Eppinger, “Product Design and Development,” Edition 5, McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 2011.
-  A. Warniez, O. Penas, R. Plateaux, and T. Soriano, “SysML Geometrical Profile for Integration of Mechatronic Systems,” IEEE/ ASME Int. Conf. on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, 2014.
-  B. D. Lee and C. J. J. Paredis, “A Conceptual Framework for Value-Driven Design and Systems Engineering,” 24th CIRP Design Conf., 2014.
-  B. A. Kitchenham and S. J. Linkman, “Design Metrics in Practice,” Inf. Softw. Technol., Vol.32, No.4, pp. 304-310, 1990.
-  S. Yassa and J. Sublime, “A genetic algorithm for multi-objective optimisation in workflow scheduling with hard constraints,” Int. J. MetaHeuristics, Vol.2, No.4, 2013.
-  F. Vaussarda, J. Finkb, V. Bauwensb, P. Retornaza, D. Hamela, P. Dillenbourgb, and F. Mondadaa, “Lessons learned from robotic vacuum cleaners entering the home ecosystem,” Robot. Auton. Syst., Vol.63, No.3, pp. 376-391, 2014.
-  J. Forlizzi and C. DiSalvo, “Service Robots in the Domestic Environment: A Study of the Roomba Vacuum in the Home,” Proc. of the 1st ACM SIGCHI/SIGART Conf. on Human-robot Interaction, pp. 258-265, 2006.
-  F. Guo and J. K. Gershenson, “Comparison of Modular Measurement Methods Based on Consistency Analysis and Sensitivity Analysis,” ASME 2003 Design Engineering Technical Conf. and Computers and Information in Engineering Conf., Chicago, Illinois, USA, pp. 393-401, 2003.
-  K. Holtta-Otto and O. de Weck, “Degree of Modularity in Engineering Systems and Products with Technical and Business Constraints,” Concurr. Eng., Vol.15, No.2, pp. 113-126, 2007.
-  P. J. Newcomb, B. Bras, and D. W. Rosen, “Implications of modularity on product design for the life cycle,” J. Mech. Des., Vol.120, pp. 483-490, 1998.
-  J. K. Gershenson, G. J. Prasad, and Y. Zhang, “Product modularity: Definitions and benefits,” J. Eng. Des., Vol.14, No.3, pp. 295-313, 2003.
-  T. Taira and N. Yamasaki, “Development of Modular Humanoid Robot Based on Functionally Distributed Modular Robot Architecture,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.17, No.3, pp. 236-247, 2005.
-  S. Fukushige, Y. Inoue, K. Tonoike, and Y. Umeda, “Design Methodology for Modularity Based on Life Cycle Scenario,” Int. J. Autom. Technol., Vol.3, No.1, pp. 40-48, 2009.
-  T. Matsumaru, “Design Disquisition on Modular Robot Systems,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.8, No.5, pp. 408-419, 1996.
-  VDI-Fachbereich Produktentwicklung und Mechatronik, “Design methodology for mechatronic systems,” VDI-Gesellschaft Produkt- und Prozessgestaltung, Norme VDI 2206, 2004.
-  T. U. Pimmler and S. D. Eppinger, “Integration analysis of product decompositions,” Alfred P. Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, 1994.
-  S. Turki, “Model-Driven Engineering: Application of the IEEE 15288 standard, the MDA architecture and the SysML language to mechatronics systems design,” Universite du Sud Toulon Var, 2008.
-  C. N. Sant’Anna, “On the modularity of aspect-oriented design: A concern-driven measurement approach,” Pontif. Universidade Catol. Rio Jan. Comput. Sci. Dep. Rio Jan. Ph.D. Thesis, 2008.
-  N. Armaghan and J. Renaud, “An application of multi-criteria decision aids models for Case-Based Reasoning,” Inf. Sci., Vol.210, pp. 55-66, 2012.
-  P. Biltgen and D. Mavris, “A Technique for Interactive Probabilistic Multiple Attribute Decision Making,” 45th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
-  A. Engau, “Tradeoff-based decomposition and decision-making in multiobjective programming,” Eur. J. Oper. Res., Vol.199, No.3, pp. 883-891, 2009.