A Novel Approach to Quantitative Evaluation of Tangle Formations for Seaweeds in Stirrer Cultivation
Jun Ogawa*, Hiroyuki Iizuka*, Masahito Yamamoto*, and Masashi Furukawa**
*Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University
Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0814, Japan
**Department of System and Informatics, Hokkaido Information University
59-2 Nishi Nopporo, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069-8585, Japan
-  Y. Chisti, “Biodiesel from microalgae,” newblock Biotechnology advances, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 294-306, 2007.
-  G. A. Jackson, “Marine biomass production through seaweed aquaculture,” Biochemical and photosynthetic aspects of energy production, pp. 31-58, 1980.
-  K. T. Bird and P. H. Benson, “Seaweed cultivation for renewable resources,” 1987.
-  A. Demirbas and M. F. Demirbas, “Importance of algae oil as a source of biodiesel,” Energy Conversion and Management, Vol.52, No.1, pp. 163-170, 2011.
-  M. Watanabe, “Future perspective of technology for algal biomass energy,” Jpn. Soc. Mechanical Engineers, Vol.113, pp. 342-345, 2010.
-  Takenaka Corporation, “Ocean carbon dioxide fixation and utilization technology research business of fiscal 2012,” 2012 (in Japanese).
-  M. Müuller, J. Stam, D. James, and N. Thüurey, “Real time physics: class notes,” ACM SIGGRAPH 2008 classes, p. 88, 2008.
-  E. Ogasa, “An introduction to high dimensional knots,” 2013.
-  S. Koshizuka, “Moving-particle semi-implicit method for fragmentation of incompressible fluid,” Nuclear science and engineering, Vol.123, No.3, pp. 421-434, 1996.
-  S. Koshizuka, H. Tamako, and Y. Oka, “A particle method for incompressible viscous flow with fluid fragmentation,” Comput. Fluid Dynamics J., 1995.
-  J. J. Monagha, “Smoothed particle hydrodynamics,” Annual review of astronomy and astrophysics, Vol.30, pp. 543-574, 1992.
-  S. Chen and G. D. Doolen, “Lattice Boltzmann method for fluid flows,” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, Vol.30, pp. 329-364, 1998.
-  G. McNamara and G. Zanetti, “Use of the Boltzmann equation to simulate lattice-gas automata,” Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol.61, pp. 2332-2335, 1988.
-  J. Ogawa, H. Iizuka, M. Yamamoto, and M. Furukawa, “Estimation of seaweed twist based on diffusion kernels in physical simulation,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 823-829, 2014.
-  J. Ogawa, I. Suzuki, M. Yamamoto, and M. Furukawa, “Control of water flow to avoid twining of artificial seaweed,” Artificial Life and Robotics, Vol.17, No.3-4, pp. 383-387, 2013.
-  K. Wu, W. Koegler, J. Chen, and A. Shoshani, “Using bitmap index for interactive exploration of large datasets,” 15th Int. Conf. on Scientific and Statistical Database Management 2003, pp. 65-74, 2003.
-  K. Suzuki, I. Horiba, and N. Sugie, “Linear-time connected-component labeling based on sequential local operations,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.89, No.1, pp. 1-23, 2003.
-  L. Shapiro and G. Stockman, “Computer vision,” Prentice Hall, 2002.
-  L. He, Y. Chao, K. Suzuki, and K. Wu, “Fast connected-component labeling,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.42, No.9, pp. 1977-1987, 2009.
-  Y. Han and R. A. Wagner, “An efficient and fast parallel-connected component algorithm,” J. of the ACM (JACM), Vol.37, No.3, pp. 626-642, 1990.
-  M. B. Dillencourt, H. Samet, and M. Tamminen, “A general approach to connected-component labeling for arbitrary image representations,” J. of the ACM (JACM), Vol.39, No.2, pp. 253-280, 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.