Fictitious Target-Trajectory Forming Control for Redundant Manipulator and Active Regulation of Impulsive Forces
Takahiro Inoue*, Ryuichi Miyata*, and Shinichi Hirai**
*Okayama Prefectural University
111 Kuboki, Soja, Okayama 719-1197, Japan
1-1-1 Noji-higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
Task-space control by FTTF methodThis paper describes a new control method for stable robot positioning by means of a three degree-of-freedom robotic manipulator that consists of six wire-driven actuators located at each rotational joint. The actuator contains a direct-current (DC) motor capable of pulling a wire to which a high-stiffness spring is connected in series. We demonstrate that the positioning control method used by the redundant robot, which is based on task-space control given in Cartesian coordinates, works well in the vertical plane under gravity. With the use of the reliable positioning controller, we propose a simple algorithm to absorb impulsive forces exerted on the tip position of the robot. In addition, we reveal that the control method presented in this study enables the redundant robot to change its stable posture while maintaining the tip position on which a heavy load is placed. We finally verify that a simple algorithm, based on positioning control, which involves suspending and restarting the switching of the integral controller forming a fictitious target-trajectory of joint angles, realizes recovery motion towards a former posture attained before the impulsive force.
-  P.-H. Kuo and A. D. Deshpande, “Contribution of passive properties of muscle-tendon units to the metacarpophalangeal joint torque of the index finger,” IEEE RAS and EMBS Int. Conf. Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, pp. 288-294, 2010.
-  A. S. Shafer and M. R. Kermani, “On the Feasibility and Suitability of MR Fluid Clutches in Human-Friendly Manipulators,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics, Vol.16, No.6, pp. 1073-1082, 2010.
-  O. Zebardast, H. Moradi, and F. Najafi, “Safe joint mechanism using passive compliance method for collision safety,” 1st RSI/ISM Int. Conf. Robotics and Mechatronics, pp. 102-106, 2013.
-  Y. Ikegami, K. Nagai, R. C. V. Loureiro, and W. S. Harwin, “Design of Redundant Drive Joint with adjustable stiffness and damping mechanism to improve joint admittance,” IEEE Int. Conf. Rehabilitation Robotics, pp. 202-210, 2009.
-  Y. Matsumoto, M. Amemiya, D. Kaneishi, Y. Nakashima, M. Seki, T. Ando, Y. Kobayashi, H. Iijima, M. Nagaoka, and M. G. Fujie, “Development of an elbow-forearm interlock joint mechanism toward an exoskeleton for patients with essential tremor,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2055-2062, 2014.
-  K. Shamaei, P. C. Napolitano, and A. M. Dollar, “A quasi-passive compliant stance control Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthosis,” IEEE Int. Conf. Rehabilitation Robotics, pp. 1-6, 2013.
-  J. Geeroms, L. Flynn, R. Jimenez-Fabian, B. Vanderborght, N. Vitiello, and D. Lefeber, “Design, development and testing of a lightweight and compact locking mechanism for a passive knee prosthesis,” IEEE RAS and EMBS Int. Conf. Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics, pp. 1016-1021, 2014.
-  Y. Shoji, M. Inaba, T. Fukuda, and H. Hosokai, “Stable contact force control of a link manipulator with collision phenomena,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 501-507, 1990.
-  I. Altuncu and T. Noritsugu, “A Learning Control Application for a Pneumatic Manipulator on Impact Motion,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.5, pp. 332-340, 1997.
-  F. Gentili and A. Tornambèe , “Adaptive regulation of impact induced forces for three degree of freedom collisions: a backstepping approach,” American Control Conf., pp. 751-755, 1997.
-  H. Lim, K. Yokoi, A. Takanishi, and K. Tanie, “Collision force suppression by human friendly robots with passively movable base,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1039-1044, 1999.
-  K. Shimamoto, N. Takeuchi, and H. Lim, “Development of collision force suppression mechanism for human-friendly robot,” 11th Int. Conf. Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 665-670, 2011.
-  L. Zhang, Q. Jia, G. Chen, H. Sun, and L. Cao, “Impact analysis of space manipulator collision with soft environment,” IEEE 9th Conf. Industrial Electronics and Applications, pp. 1965-1970, 2014.
-  Z. Li, A. Ming, N. Xi, Z. Xie, J. Gu, and M. Shimojo, “Collision-Tolerant Control for Hybrid Joint based Arm of Nonholonomic Mobile Manipulator in Human-Robot Symbiotic Environments,” IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 4037-4043, 2005.
-  Y. Sugahara, K. Noha, K. Kosuge, J. Ooga, H. Nakamoto, and T. Yoshimi, “Experimental study on manipulator design for low collision impact force,” IEEE/ASME Int. Conf. Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 899-904, 2009.
-  Y. Yamada, Y. Hirasawa, S. Huang, Y. Umetani, and K. Suita, “Human-robot contact in the safeguarding space,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 230-236, 1997.
-  S. Haddadin, A. Albu-Sch”affer, A. De Luca, and G. Hirzinger, “Collision Detection and Reaction: A Contribution to Safe Physical Human-Robot Interaction,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3356-3363, 2008.
-  T. Tsujita, A. Konno, and M. Uchiyama, “Optimization of impact motions for humanoid robots considering multibody dynamics and stability,” IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 718-725, 2010.
-  X. Wan, T. Urakubo, and Y. Tada, “Landing Motion of a Legged Robot with Minimization of Impact Force and Joint Torque,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 32-40, 2015.
-  Y.-D. Kim, B.-J. Lee, J.-K. Yoo, J.-H. Kim, and J.-H. Ryu, “Compensation for the landing impact force of a humanoid robot by time domain passivity approach,” IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 1225-1230, 2006.
-  Y.-D. Kim, B.-J. Lee, J.-H. Ryu, and J.-H. Kim, “Landing Force Control for Humanoid Robot by Time-Domain Passivity Approach,” IEEE Trans. Robotics, Vol.23, No.6, pp. 1294-1301, 2007.
-  T. Inoue and S. Hirai, “Mechanics and Control of Soft-fingered Manipulation,” Springer-Verlag, 2009.
-  T. Inoue and S. Hirai, “Why humans can manipulate objects despite a time delay in the nervous system,” The Human Hand as an Inspiration for Robot Hand Development, Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics, Vol.95, pp. 289-313, 2014.
-  Y. Yamazaki, T. Inoue, and S. Hirai, “Two-Phased Controller for a Pair of 2-DOF Soft Fingertips Based on the Qualitative Relationship between Joint Angles and Object Location,” IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 4294-4301, 2010.
-  T. Murakami, R. Nakamura, F. Yu, and K. Ohnishi, “Force Sensorless Impedance Control By Disturbance Observer,” Power Conversion Conf. Yokohama, pp. 352-357, 1993.
-  K. Eom, I. Suh, W. Chung, and S. Oh, “Disturbance Observer Based Force Control of Robot Manipulator without Force Sensor,” IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 3012-3017, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.