Operator-Based Sliding-Mode Nonlinear Control Design for a Process with Input Constraint
Dongyun Wang*, Fengguang Li*, Shengjun Wen*, Xiaomin Qi*, Ping Liu*, and Mingcong Deng**
*School of Electrical and Information Engineering, Zhongyuan University of Technology
No.41 Zhongyuan Load, Zhengzhou 450007, China
**Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
2-24-16 Nakacho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
In this paper, operator-based sliding-mode nonlinear control is presented for a process with input constraint. After the mathematical model is discussed for the water level process, it is seen that there exist uncertainty and input constraint in the process. Operator-based robust nonlinear control is then considered by using robust right coprime factorization method to eliminate the effect of uncertainty. Furthermore, operator-based sliding-mode nonlinear control is proposed to deal with the constrained input. Finally, simulation and experimental results are given to show the effectiveness of the proposed method.
-  M. Deng, A. Inoue, and K. Ishikawa, “Operator-based nonlinear feedback control design using robust right coprime factorization,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.51, No.4, pp. 645-648, 2006.
-  M. Deng and S. Bi, “Operator-based robust control design for nonlinear plants with perturbation,” Int. J. of Control, Vol.84, No.4, pp. 815-821, 2011.
-  S. Wen and M. Deng, “Operator-based robust nonlinear control and fault detection for a Peltier actuated thermal process,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol.57, No.1, pp. 16-29, 2013.
-  S. Wen, M. Deng, S. Bi, and D. Wang, “Operator-based robust nonlinear control and its realization for a multi-tank process by using control and its realization for a multi-tank process by using DCS,” Trans. of the Institute of Measurement and Control, Vol.34, No.7, pp. 891-902, 2012.
-  M. Deng, A. Inoue, T. Kuwamoto, and N. Ueki, “Tracking control system fault diagnosis by using robust right coprime factorization and its application,” Proc. of Advances in The Dynamics Instrumentation and Control, The World Scientific Press, 2006.
-  M. Deng, S. Bi, and A. Inoue, “Robust nonlinear control and tracking design for multi-input multi-output non-linear perturbed plants,” IET Control Theory & Applications, Vol.3, pp. 1237-1248, 2009.
-  S. Wen, M. Deng, and D. Wang, “Operator-based robust nonlinear control for a crane system with constraint inputs,” Proc. of the 30th Chinese Control Conf., pp. 6109-6114, 2011.
-  M. Deng, A. Inoue, and A. Yanou, “Stable robust feedback control system design for unstable plants with input constraints using robust right coprime factorization,” Int. J. Robust Nonlinear Control, Vol.17 No.18, pp. 1716-1733, 2007.
-  S. Wen, D. Wang, M. Deng, and F. Li, “Operator-based robust nonlinear control for a thermal process with input constraint,” Proc. of 32th Chinese Control Conf., pp. 2800-2805, 2013.
-  V. Vesely, D. Rosinova, and M. Foltin, “Robust model predictive control design with input constraints,” ISA Trans., Vol.49, No.1, pp. 114-120, 2010.
-  J. Deng, V. Becerra, and R. Stobart, “Input constraints handling in an MPC/feedback linearization scheme,” Int. J. Appl. Math. Comput. Sci., Vol.19, No.2, pp. 219-232, 2009.
-  A. Sabanovic, M. Elitas, and K. Ohnishi, “Sliding-modes in constrained systems control,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.55, No.9, pp. 3332-3339, 2008.
-  Y. Guan and K. Lu, “Design of sliding-mode controller for liquid level,” J. of Wuhan University of Technology. Vol.31, No.4, pp. 742-748, 2007.
-  J. Liu and F. Sun, “Research and development on theory and algorithms of sliding-mode control,” Control Theory & Applications, Vol.24, No.3, pp. 407-416, 2007.
-  S. Li and R. Hui, “Application of sliding-mode variable structure control in the double closed loop speed regulation system,” Industry Control and Applications, Vol.32, No.12, pp. 26-28, 34, 2013.
-  B. Wang, J. Zhang, and F. Wu, “Chaos of magneto-elastic system under bounded disturbance and its sliding-mode control,” Computer Measurement & Control, Vol.22, No.2, pp. 393-396, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.