New Urea-SCR Control System for Super Clean Diesel
Hisao Haga, Eiji Hashimoto, Koichi Nakajima, Hideki Matsunaga, and Yuji Yasui
Honda R&D Co., Ltd.
4630 Shimotakanezawa, Haga-machi, Haga-gun, Tochigi 321-3393, Japan
-  M. Fischer, “Application of SCR Systems for Diesel PC -- Potential Challenges and Solutions,” presented at 7th Int. CTI Forum SCR Systems, Germany, July 5-6, 2011.
-  T. Hagimoto, “Development of Urea SCR catalyst monitoring method,” JSAE Paper, No.168-20095740, 2009.
-  R. Cloudt, “Meeting Future Emission Legislation with Advanced Diesel SCR Catalyst Control Systems,” JSAE Paper, No.126-20095307, 2009.
-  K. McMahon, “American Road: Clean Diesels for the Real World,” 2008 Diesel Engine-Efficiency and Emissions Research (DEER) Conf., 2008.
-  H. Onodera, “Development of a Diesel Emission Catalyst System for Meeting US SULEV Standards,” SAE Paper No.2008-01-0449, 2008.
-  M. Paule, “Challenges for the Next Generation of BlueTEC Emission Technology,” SAE Paper No.2011-01-0294, 2011.
-  Y. Murata, S. Tokui, S. Watanabe, Y. Daisho, H. Suzuki, and H. Ishii, “Improvement of NOx Reduction Rate of Urea-SCR System by NH3 Adsorption Quantity Control,” SAE Paper No.2008-01-2498, 2008.
-  K. Hirata, N. Masaki, H. Ueno, and H. Akagawa, “Development of Urea-SCR System for Heavy-Duty Commercial Vehicles,” SAE Paper No.2005-01-1860, 2005.
-  C. Ishihara, “Development of Urea SCR System on MAZDA CX-7,” MAZDA Technical Review 2010 (No.28), pp. 44-48, MAZDA, Hiroshima, Japan, July 2010, 2010.
-  A. Herman, M. Wu, D. Cabush, and M. Shost, “Model Based Control of SCR Dosing and OBD Strategies with Feedback from NH3 Sensors,” SAE Paper No.2009-01-0911, 2009.
-  M. Shost, J. Noetzel, M. Wu, T. Sugiarto, T. Bordewyk, G. Fulks, and G. Fisher, “Monitoring, Feedback and Control of Urea SCR Dosing Systems for NOx Reduction: Utilizing an Embedded Model and Ammonia Sensing,” SAE Paper No.2008-01-1325, 2008.
-  A. Herman, “Model Based Control of SCR Dosing and OBD strategies with Feedback from NH3 Sensors,” SAE World Congress, No.2009-01-0911, 2009.
-  D. Wang, S. Yao, M. Shost, J. Yoo, D. Cabush, D. Racine, R. Cloudt, and F. Willems, “Ammonia Sensor for Closed-Loop SCR Control,” SAE Paper No.2008-01-0919, 2008.
-  M. Sakota, N. Satoh, and H. Matsunaga, “Study of NOx Reduction Behavior on Iron Ion-exchanged Zeolite Catalyst for ULEV50,” Honda Technical Review 2013 (No.25), pp. 109-118, Honda R&D, Tochigi, Japan, March 2013, 2013.
-  A. Grossale, “The Chemistry of the NO/NO2-NH3 “Fast” SCR Reaction over Fe-ZSM5 Investigated by Transient Reaction Analysis,” J. of Catalysis, Vol.256, pp. 312-322, 2008.
-  H. Matsunaga, “A Super Clean Diesel Technology for US LEV-SULEV,” JSAE Paper, No.244-20125267, 2012.
-  Y. Yasui, “A New Clean Diesel Concept for US LEV-III SULEV. First Report: A New Emission Strategy and Aftertreatment Management Control,” presented at 4th MinNOx Conf., Germany, June 12-13, 2012.
-  H. Haga, E. Hshimoto, K. Nakajima, H. Matsunaga, and Y. Yasui, “New Concept Urea-SCR Control for Super Clean Diesel Vehicle,” the 7th IFAC Symposium on Advances in Automotive Control, ThA1.4, September 2013, 2013.
-  M. Fischer, “Transient NOx Estimation using Artificial Neural Networks,” the 7th IFAC Symposium on Advances in Automotive Control, ThB1.3, September 2013, 2013.
-  M. Fischer, J. Boettcher, C. Kirkham, and R. Georgi, “OBD of diesel EGR using artificial neural networks,” SAE Paper No.2009-01-1427, 2009.
-  Y. Yasui, “A New Air-fuel Ratio Control for A High-Efficiency and Low-Emission Engine,” SICE J. of Control, Measurement, and System Integration, Vol.5, No.5, pp. 268-275, September 2012, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.