Communication Method of Time Synchronization and Strength Using Haptic Interface
Takashi Asakawa* and Noriyuki Kawarazaki**
*Kinki University Technical College, 7-1 Kasugaoka, Nabari, Mie 518-0459, Japan
**Kanagawa Institute of Technology, 1030 Shimo-Ogino, Atsugi-Shi, Kanagawa 243-0292, Japan
-  T. Asakawa, N. Saito, N. Kawarazaki, T. Yoshidome, and K. Nishihara, “Development of an Electronic Baton for a Visually Handicapped Person’s Music Study Support,” Proc. of the Welfare Engineering Symposium 2009, pp. 112-113, 2009.
-  T. Asakawa, K. Nishihara, and N. Kawarazaki, “A Music Baton for an Assistance of Visual Handicapped Persons,” The 6th China-Japan Conf. on Mechatronics, Vol.PJ002, No.4, 2010.
-  T. Asakawa and N. Kawarazaki, “An Electric Music Baton System using a Haptic Interface for Visually Disabled Persons,” SICE Annual Conf. 2012 in Akita, Japan, pp. 602-607, 2012.
-  T. Asakawa and N. Kawarazaki, “Providing Support for the Visually Disabled using a Haptic Interface,” The 23th Biomechanism Symposium, pp. 187-196, 2013.
-  A. Hiraiwa, M. Fukumoto, and T. Uchiyama, “The display of conductor baton operation for blind persons,” PAT No.3362496 in Japan, 2002.
-  S. Ito, K. Kotani, and K. Horii, “A Measurement of Differential Limen of Force for Haptic-Interface,” HUMAN Interface, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 21-24, 2005.
-  A. G. Dodds, D. Clark, and C. I. Howarth, “The effects of precueing on vibrotactile reaction times: Implications for guidance device for blind people,” Ergonomics, Vol.29, No.9, pp. 1063-1071, 1986.
-  Y. Mori, T. Tanaka, and S. Kaneko, “Vibration Alert Interface for Detecting Surroundings,” Third Asia Int. Symposium on Mechatronics, Vol.FA1-1, No.3, 2008.
-  M. Shimojo, “The View of Tactile Sensing Technology,” J. of the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Vol.47, No.7, pp. 548-553, 2008.
-  H. Ogawa and M. Shimojo, “Development of 2-DOF Haptic Device Driven Directly by Shaft Motors,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 392-400, 2006.
-  Y. Saita, “Hajimeteno Shikihou,” Ongaku no Tomo Sya, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  K. Akazawa, “Biological Information Engineering,” Biomechanism Library, 2001. ISBN: 4-501-32180-6
-  M. I. Posner, “Orienting of attention,” Quarterly J. of Experimental Psychology, Vol.32, pp. 3-25, 1980.
-  M. I. Posner and M. E. Raichle, “Images of Mind. Scientific American Library,” W. H. Freeman and Company, New York, 1994.
-  M. I. Posner, “Attention networks,” Trends in Neuroscience, Vol.17, pp. 75-79, 1994.
Supporting Online Materials:
-  [a] The education policy of our country
http://www.mext.go.jp/b_menu/hakusho/html/hpab201201/detail/1324402.htm [Accessed November 5, 2014]
-  [b] Lifelong Learning Promotion Law
http://Law.e-gov.go.jp/htmldata/H02/H02HO071.html [Accessed November 5, 2014]
-  [c] Light Center of Kanagawa prefecture,
http://www.kanagawalc.org/ [Accessed November 5, 2014]
-  [d] Cableless Datalogging System,
http://asap-sys.co.jp/keisoku.html [Accessed November 5, 2014]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.