Development of Autonomous Intelligent Driving System to Enhance Safe and Secured Traffic Society for Elderly Drivers – Autonomous Collision Avoidance System with Hazard Anticipation Driver Characteristics –
Ryosuke Matsumi, Pongsathorn Raksincharoensak, and Masao Nagai
Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2-24-16 Naka-cho, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8588, Japan
-  Traffic Bureau, National Police Agency, “Statistics 2007 road accidents Japan,” Int. Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences (IATSS), 2008.
-  Y. Satomi, T. Murano, M. Aga, and T. Yonekawa, “A characteristic analysis of driving behavior to rear-end collision warning using a driving simulator,” Proc. of 18th JSME Conf. on Transportation and Logistics (TRANSLOG), pp. 283-286, 2009.
-  P. Raksincharoensak, “Autonomous Driving System to Enhance Safe and Secured Traffic Society for Elderly Drivers,” 18th World Congress on ITS (Invited talk), Special Interest Session, No.30, Orlando, USA, 2011.
-  P. Raksincharoensak, M. Shino, and M. Nagai, “Enhancing Active Safety of Small-Scale Electric Vehicle “NOVEL” by Utilizing In-Wheel-Motor,” Proc. of the 20th Int. Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exposition, CD-ROM (5B-Raksincharoensak), Long Beach, USA, 2003.
-  P. Raksincharoensak, M. Shino, and M. Nagai, “Vehicle Motion Control Issues Using Micro Electric Vehicle “NOVEL”,” WEVAJournal, Vol.1, WEVA-043, 2007.
-  P. Raksincharoensak, Y. Takimoto, and M. Nagai, “Radar-Based Vehicle Following Control Algorithm of Micro-Scale Electric Vehicle,” Proc. of APAC07 (2007-01-3590), California, USA, 2007.
-  O. Khatib, “Real-time obstacle avoidance for manipulators and mobile robots,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.5, pp. 90-98, 1986.
-  J. C. Gerdes, U. Saur, and E. J. Rossetter, “Combining Lanekeeping and Vehicle Following with Hazard Maps,” Proc. of the 2000 Int. Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, Michigan, USA, 2000.
-  D. Reichardt and J. Schick, “Collision Avoidance in Dynamic Environments Applied to Autonomous Vehicle Guidance on the Motorway,” Proc. of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Paris, France, 1994.
-  T. Sattel and T. Brandt, “From robotics to automotive: lane-keeping and collision avoidance based on elastic bands,” Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.46, No.7, pp. 597-619, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.