Investigation of User Load and Evaluation of Power Assistive Control on Cycling Wheelchair
Aya Kaisumi, Yasuhisa Hirata, and Kazuhiro Kosuge
Department of Bioengineering and Robotics, Tohoku University, 6-6-01 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan
-  K. Seki, T. Fujii, and Y. Handa, “Change of H wave and MEP during pedaling by one leg,” 10th Annual Conf. of the Int. FES Society, 2005.
-  T. Takahashi, Y. Nishiyama, Y. Ozawa, E. Nakano, and Y. Handa, “Cycling Chair: a novel vehicle for the lower limbs disabled,” ICMIT 2005: Mechatronics, MEMS, and Smart Materials, Proc. of SPIE, Vol.6040, p. 60401X, 2005.
-  A. Kraly and S. Grobelnik, “Functional Electrical Stimulation – A New Hope For Paraplegic Patients,” Bulletin of Prosthetics Research, pp. 75-102, 1975.
-  T. Takahashi, M. Takazawa, Y. Nishiyama, E. Nakano, and Y. Handa, “FES Cycling Chair for the Lower Limbs Disabled People with Electric Motor Power Assist,” 9th Annual Conf. of the Int. FES Society, 2004.
-  K. Seki, M. Sato, T. Fujii, and Y. Handa, “Driving a cycling chair without FES in the non-ambulatory hemiplegic patients,” Proc. of 9th Annual Conf. on Int. FES Society, 2004.
-  K. Seki, M. Sato, and Y. Handa, “Increase of Muscle Activities in Hemiplegic Lower Extremity During Driving a Cycling Wheelchair,” The Tohoku journal of experimental medicine, Vol.219, No.2, pp. 129-138, 2009.
-  N. Sugita, Y. Kojima, M. Yoshizawa, A. Tanaka, M. Abe, N. Homma, K. Seki, and N. Handa, “Development of a virtual reality system to evaluate skills needed to drive a cycling wheelchair,” Conf. Proc. of Annual Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 6019-6022, 2012.
-  N. Hiro, E. Takeuchi, K. Ohno, and S. Tadokoro, “Developing a Measurement System for Improving Daily Lives of Cycling Wheel Chair Patients,” SICE Annual Conf., pp. 1656-1660, 2012.
-  K. Kosuge, H. Yabushita, and Y. Hirata, “Load-free control of power-assisted cycle,” TExCRA ’04, First IEEE Technical Exhibition Based Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 111-112, 2004.
-  H. Yabushita, Y. Hirata, K. Kosuge, and Z. D.Wang, “Environmentadaptive control algorithm of power assisted cycle,” IECON Industrial Electronics Society, Vol.2, pp. 1962-1967, 2003.
-  S. Katsura and K. Ohnishi, “A wheelchair type mobile robot taking environmental disturbance into account,” 7th Int. Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, pp. 0-5, 2002.
-  S. Oh and Y. Hori, “Sensor Free Power Assisting Control Based on Velocity Control and Disturbance Observer,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Symposium on Industrial Electronics, pp. 1709-1714, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.