Development of a Wearable Assist Suit for Walking and Lifting-Up Motion Using Electric Motors
Kazuo Sano*, Eiichi Yagi**, and Motonobu Sato**
*Wakayama National College of Technology, 77 Nadachonoshima, Gobo-shi, Wakayama 644-0023, Japan
**Faculty of Systems Engineering, Wakayama University, 930 Sakaedani, Wakayama-shi, Wakayama 640-8510, Japan
As birth rates drop and societies age, the physical burden on long-term personnel grows and labor shortages become an increasing problem for society. We developed a practical wearable assist suit that supports motion in an antigravitational direction using electricmotors while ensuring that passive joints do not interfere with wearer motion. Results of experiments show the effectiveness of the proposed wearable assist suit.
-  S. Lee and Y. Sankai, “Minimizing the Physical Stress by Virtual Impedance of Exoskeleton Robot in Swing Motion with Power Assist system for Lower limb,” JSME J. Series C, Vol.71, No.705, pp. 1686-1695, 2005.
-  Y. Sato, J. He, H. Kobayashi, Y. Muramatsu, T. Hashimoto, and H. Kobayashi, “Development and Quantitative Performance Estimation of the Back Support Muscle Suit,” JSME J. Series C, Vol.78, No.792, pp. 268-280, 2012.
-  K. Kiguchi, K. Iwami, K.Watanabe, and T. Fukuda. “A Study of an EMG-Based Exoskeleton Robot for Human Shoulder Motion Support,” JSME Int. J. Series C, Vol.44, No.4, pp. 1133-1141, 2001.
-  T. Kusaka, T. Tanaka, H. Nara, T. Yamagishi, and S. Ogura, “Development of a Semi-active Type Power Assist Suit for 3-Dimensional Motion based on KEIROKA-Technology,” The 13th SICE System Integration Division Annual Conf., 1N1-4, 2012.
-  D. Harada and E. Yagi, “Power Assist System for Elbow with a Pneumatic Actuator,” The 49th Japan Joint Automatic Control Conf., SU6-1-6, 2006.
-  E. Yagi, D. Harada, and M. Kobayashi, “Development of an Upper Limb Power Assist System Using Pneumatic Actuators for Farming Lift-up Motion,” JSME J. Series C, Vol.75, No.755, pp. 140-147, 2009.
-  K. Kiguchi, “Powered Suit,” SICE J. of Control Measurement and System Integration, Vol.45, No.5, pp. 436-439, 2006.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.