Assemblable Hand for Laparoscopic Surgery with Phased Array and Single-Element Ultrasound Probes
Mikio Osaki, Toru Omata, and Toshio Takayama
Department of Mechano-Micro Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8502, Japan
-  M. Bezzi, G. Silecchia, A. De Leo, I. Carbone, D. Pepino, and P. Rossi, “Laparoscopic and intraoperative ultrasound,” European J. of Radiology, Vol.27, No.2, S207-S214, 1998.
-  K. Maruta, “Ultrasound probe for the body cavity,” Japan patent publication, No.1999-299789, 1999.
-  S. E. Salcudean, G. Bell, S. Bachmann,W. H. Zhu, P. Abolmaesumi, and P. D. Lawrence, “Robot-assisted diagnostic ultrasound – Design and feasibility experiments,” in Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention, New York: Springer, pp. 1062-1071, 1999.
-  P. Abolmaesumi, S. E. Salcudean, W. Zhu, M. R. Sirouspour, and S. P. DiMaio, “Image-Guided Control of a Robot for Medical Ultrasound,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 11-23, 2002.
-  E.M. Boctor, G. Fischer, M. A. Choti, G. Fichtinger, and R. H. Taylor, “A Dual-Armed Robotic System for Intraoperative Ultrasound Guided Hepatic Ablative Therapy: A Prospective Study,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, 2004.
-  Y. Aoki, K. Kaneko, T. Sakai, and K.Masuda, “A study of scanning the ultrasound probe on body surface and construction of visual servo system based on echogram,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.22, No.3, pp. 273-279, 2010.
-  N. Koizumi, S. Warisawa, M. Nagoshi, H. Hashizume, and M. Mitsuishi, “Construction Methodology for a Remote Ultrasound Diagnostic System,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 522-538, 2009.
-  C. M. Schneider, G. W. Dachs II, C. J. Hasser, M. A. Choti, S. P. DiMaio, and R. H. Taylor, “Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Ultrasound,” Information Processing in Computer-Assisted Interventions, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.6135, pp. 67-80, 2010.
-  C. Schneider, J. Guerrero, C. Nguan, R. Rohling, and S. Salcudean, “Intra-operative “Pick-Up” Ultrasound for Robot Assisted Surgery with Vessel Extraction and Registration: A Feasibility Study,” Information Processing in Computer-Assisted Interventions, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.6689, pp. 122-132, 2011.
-  R. Oshima, T. Takayama, T. Omata, K. Kojima, K. Takase, and N. Tanaka, “Assemble Three-Fingered Nine-Degrees-of-Freedom Hand for Laparoscopic Surgery,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.15, No.6, pp. 862-870, 2010.
-  M. Osaki, T. Takayama, T. Omata, T. Ohya, K. Kojima, K. Takase, and N. Tanaka, “Proposal of a Single-Trocar Assemblable Hand for Laparoscopic Surgery,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.25, No.13-14, pp. 1713-1728, 2011.
-  M. Osaki, T. Omata, T. Takayama, and T. Sawanobori, “Assemblable Hand for Laparoscopic Surgery with Ultrasound Probes,” Proc. of the 2011 IEEE/SICE Int. Symposium on System Integration, pp. 156-161, 2011.
-  J. Akbari, M. Imamura, T. Tanaka, and Y. Saito, “Using Ultrasound for Measuring Grasping Force of Robot Soft Finger,” JSME Int. J., Vol.47, No.1, pp. 175-179, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.
Copyright© 2013 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.